The mad competitive West Super Division One thread 2015-2016

glensmad

Totally irrelevant. Kilsyth must win their 3 games, They can't catch Largs anyway, and I would be astonished if they managed to stay ahead of Cumnock even if they beat them. They are dependent on other teams beating Kilwinning and Clydebank.

Why is that irrelevant????

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally irrelevant. Kilsyth must win their 3 games, They can't catch Largs anyway, and I would be astonished if they managed to stay ahead of Cumnock even if they beat them. They are dependent on other teams beating Kilwinning and Clydebank.

It's not irrelevant in any way. I was only stating a fact that they have to play Largs and Cumnock, so it's the antithesis of irrelevant. ;-)

Monday night's fixtures :-

Largs Thistle (1st) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (11th)

Yoker Athletic (12th) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

Cumbernauld United (10th) v Kilsyth Rangers (5th)

Cumnock Juniors (4th) v Greenock Juniors (8th)

Your thoughts ?

I think I'll pop along to Yoker v Bellshill, it'll be handy for where I am on Monday night.

Monday night's fixtures :-

Largs Thistle (1st) v Ardrossan Winton Rovers (11th)

Yoker Athletic (12th) v Bellshill Athletic (13th)

Cumbernauld United (10th) v Kilsyth Rangers (5th)

Cumnock Juniors (4th) v Greenock Juniors (8th)

Your thoughts ?

I think I'll pop along to Yoker v Bellshill, it'll be handy for where I am on Monday night.

think I'll goto this game also yoker need a win. Think the sectional league cup will be only time we play yoker next season

Mon the papers

think I'll goto this game also yoker need a win. Think the sectional league cup will be only time we play yoker next season

Mon the papers

That could mean one of two things, i.e. you think you're going up, or you think Yoker are going down. I suppose it could mean you think both. 

Largs missed a big opportunity tonight with a home goalless draw against Ardrossan, missing a penalty five minutes from the end as well. That opens the door for Cumnock who came from behind to beat Greenock in the visitors' last league game. Cumbernauld did themselves a huge service with a last minute winner against Kilsyth, ending their neighbours chances of automatic promotion in the process. Kilsyth can still arithmetically get the play-off place, but it would take Kilwinning to lose all four of their remaining games.

I was at Yoker v Bellshill, and the winning goal was a disaster for the Yoker goalkeeper, a passback to him from about 40 yards out bobbling over his foot and into the empty net behind him.

The updated maximum points totals after tonight's games :-

57 - Cumnock Juniors

56 - Kilwinning Rangers

54 - Largs Thistle

52 - Clydebank

46 - Blantyre Victoria

45 - Kilsyth Rangers

40 - Cumbernauld United

39 - Rutherglen Glencairn

35 - Shotts Bon Accord

34 - Yoker Athletic

32 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers

31 - Greenock Juniors (all matches finished)

24 - Bellshill Athletic

23 - Maybole Juniors

The safety mark tonight sits at 32 points, as this Saturday sees Yoker v Ardrossan, so it's impossible for both teams to get to the maximum points total in the table above.

Could be a massive point for us tonight against Largs, wasn't expecting it. We have two games left, and if I've worked it out right, we win them both and we stay up

Could be a massive point for us tonight against Largs, wasn't expecting it. We have two games left, and if I've worked it out right, we win them both and we stay up

That would be correct, as you would be on 32 points, which is now the official safety mark. Greenock have finished on 31 and, if you beat Yoker on Saturday, they also could only get to 31. However, one defeat out of those two games would see Ardrossan relegated.

It's in our hands. Although our recent away record is actually pretty good, I wouldn't hold my breath. Yoker are an almighty bogey team for us, we never seem to get a result against them

It's in our hands. Although our recent away record is actually pretty good, I wouldn't hold my breath. Yoker are an almighty bogey team for us, we never seem to get a result against them

How many times have Winton actually played Yoker in their history...can't be mega many for them to be a bogey team...think positive

Yoker didn't look like a team who had given up last night either, to be fair. They must have had at least fifteen corners in the second half, but they were lacking in inspiration in the final third and went route one far too often. The winning goal for Bellshill was just sheer bad luck for Yoker.

Only one match in the league tomorrow night, and nothing affecting the relegation issue :-

Blantyre Victoria (6th) v Cumnock Juniors (4th)

As it stands at the moment, halfway through May, only two teams (Blantyre Victoria and Shotts Bon Accord) are guaranteed to be staying in this league for next season.

I can't believe how tight it is at the top right now.  It could be a great weekend for Kilwinning only if they manage to win, as with Clydebank playing Cumnock and Largs playing Kilsyth then it could be dropped points galore elsewhere.  Kilwinning have also played all of those teams twice now.

I'll probably go to Abbey Park if I get the chance.  How is your away form glensmad?

I can't believe how tight it is at the top right now.  It could be a great weekend for Kilwinning only if they manage to win, as with Clydebank playing Cumnock and Largs playing Kilsyth then it could be dropped points galore elsewhere.  Kilwinning have also played all of those teams twice now.

I'll probably go to Abbey Park if I get the chance.  How is your away form glensmad?

Over the whole league season, it's Played 11, Won 5, Drawn 2, Lost 4, For 16, Against 18, Points 17. Our away form has been better than our home form. Our away wins have come at Bellshill, Kilsyth, Maybole, Shotts and Yoker. Our draws were at Blantyre and Largs. Our defeats were at Ardrossan, Cumbernauld, Cumnock and Greenock.

So it's a bit unpredictable.

I'll add to that, we have only lost one away match since the start of 2016. Our away form since the turn of the year in all competitions is Played 6, Won 4, Drawn 1, Lost 1, For 12, Against 9. The one defeat was the 4-0 hiding we got off Greenock, which was a very strange night for us in the middle of what was a good run of form at the time.

Any one of 4 teams can still win the league and occupy one of the top 3 positions ... ( think Kilsyth still in with a shout of play off ? ) ... so not just a tight league in terms of relegation ... We really could've done with Cumnock dropping points last night ... and the Ardrossan draw at Largs was a bonus. Virtually anything could happen - although I fear we may be squeezed out as nothing is totally in our own hands.

Any one of 4 teams can still win the league and occupy one of the top 3 positions ... ( think Kilsyth still in with a shout of play off ? ) ... so not just a tight league in terms of relegation ... We really could've done with Cumnock dropping points last night ... and the Ardrossan draw at Largs was a bonus. Virtually anything could happen - although I fear we may be squeezed out as nothing is totally in our own hands.

Kilsyth would need to win their last two games and Kilwinning would need to lose their last four games for Kilsyth to get a play-off place.

Largs missed a big opportunity tonight with a home goalless draw against Ardrossan, missing a penalty five minutes from the end as well. That opens the door for Cumnock who came from behind to beat Greenock in the visitors' last league game. Cumbernauld did themselves a huge service with a last minute winner against Kilsyth, ending their neighbours chances of automatic promotion in the process. Kilsyth can still arithmetically get the play-off place, but it would take Kilwinning to lose all four of their remaining games.

I was at Yoker v Bellshill, and the winning goal was a disaster for the Yoker goalkeeper, a passback to him from about 40 yards out bobbling over his foot and into the empty net behind him.

The updated maximum points totals after tonight's games :-

57 - Cumnock Juniors

56 - Kilwinning Rangers

54 - Largs Thistle

52 - Clydebank

46 - Blantyre Victoria

45 - Kilsyth Rangers

40 - Cumbernauld United

39 - Rutherglen Glencairn

35 - Shotts Bon Accord

34 - Yoker Athletic

32 - Ardrossan Winton Rovers

31 - Greenock Juniors (all matches finished)

24 - Bellshill Athletic

23 - Maybole Juniors

The safety mark tonight sits at 32 points, as this Saturday sees Yoker v Ardrossan, so it's impossible for both teams to get to the maximum points total in the table above.

passbackdave was there 2 c liams howler. I noticed u gave a wee fist pump at the end can't c the glens going down tbh.

Mon the papers

passbackdave was there 2 c liams howler. I noticed u gave a wee fist pump at the end can't c the glens going down tbh.

Mon the papers

Yes, I don't think it was any secret that Yoker losing last night was a good result for my team. But they still have enough games to go above us, and from what I saw last night they have plenty of fight left in them too. Yoker were more than a little unfortunate last night.

We're struggling a bit at the moment with players injured or unavailable, think our dip in form in the middle of the season done for us on the promotion front. Just glad we're safe, think we've actually played better away from home too, which is suprising considering our excellent surface, teams seem to come to duncansfield an enjoy playing there,am suprised at we're Yoker are, we drew 2-2 at home with them,and they played well and we're well worth there point !!! ðŸ˜

Archived