Giving Away Money.......

Al-Ahly v Zamalek has been responsible for/unfortunately witnessed more fatalities than any other individual fixture in the solar system.....worth a peek, surely. Derbies in Belgrade and Bucharest are edgy affairs, im told, and the inter-city hatred (basically any Moscow club v Zenit) in Russia looks incredibly appealing.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Al-Ahly v Zamalek has been responsible for/unfortunately witnessed more fatalities than any other individual fixture in the solar system.....worth a peek, surely. Derbies in Belgrade and Bucharest are edgy affairs, im told, and the inter-city hatred (basically any Moscow club v Zenit) in Russia looks incredibly appealing.

belgrade.jpg

_82572850_belgrade.jpg

:lol: Aye just a bit. Stun grenades getting launched at the game last month.

a russian or ukranian derby

a trip to a dutch derby and spending it in with the away ultras would be fucking frightening but an amazing experience no doubt

Not the same these days, especially with the fans pact. Not sure what would be the best atmosphere come to think of it, full house Karpaty - Metalist maybe.

For me it would be the Rome derby in the Curva Nord.

I've always fancied going to Mongolia. Just reckon it'd be cool.

They're bound to have a league.

They do, all teams are based around the capital city though.

I'd love to go watch a game of football in eastern Russia. Vladivostok, I think it would be an experience watching a match from the European leagues in a city that's across the sea from Japan.

A tour of South American big derby games would be something else. in Europe would love to take in some big German games.

Yes on both counts. In particular I would absolutely love to see the Montevideo derby. There's been some absolute madness over the years in that game. The Superclasico as well if they can stop firing tear gas long enough.

Argentina I think has a ban on away fans now after fans kept killing each other. When I was there 4 years ago they let the away fans out first and held the home fans back for 20 minutes after the final whistle, pretty much to give the away fans a head start. So the atmosphere at those games isn't quite what it was.

In terms of mental c***s firing incendiary devices at your skull, Belgrade probably would be hard to beat. Not too sure it's somewhere I'd want to go on holiday apart from that though. At least Buenos Aires and Montevideo are nice (in parts).

although the USA would be a serious answer as there's loads of places I'd still like to see there and I think an MLS match would be quite amusing in terms of cheesy atmosphere. And you'd get ridiculous food at the ground as well.

Cheesy atmosphere seems about right, look at this clown thinking he's the head ultra. :lol:

Archived