Giving Away Money.......

....I'm not, but if I was, and I offered you an all-expenses trip to another country to watch football, what country would you pick, and why?

My dream, (and it will probably remain a dream until I get my retirement lump sum), has always been to spend a month or more in Argentina, in particular Buenos Aires, and catch most of the teams there, while fitting in a few trips around Argentina itself, like the Pampas and Patagonia.

I love European football and, without doubt, I will spend a lot of time in places like Germany and Holland before then, but for my,"once-in-a-lifetime" trip it's got to be Argentina. Just thinking of going to see the likes of Boca Juniors and River is enough for me, never mind the host of other clubs in the capital, both big and small.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to go to a big game in Argentina. Boca, River, San Lorenzo, Racing Club, Independiente, Velez, etc in some sort of derby, it would be great.

For a non-Buenos Aires experience, the Estadio Marcelo Bielsa always looks brilliant when packed out for Newell's Old Boys games, so I'd definitely like to see them vs Rosario Central in that derby.

Done Argentina (San Lorenzo- Boca and River were both away the weekend I was in Buenos Aires), done Germany (sitting at Dortmund and standing on a packed terrace at Duisburg),so if it's an all-expenses paid trip then I'll just take in Las Vegas Mobsters...

although the USA would be a serious answer as there's loads of places I'd still like to see there and I think an MLS match would be quite amusing in terms of cheesy atmosphere. And you'd get ridiculous food at the ground as well.

If it was a single game I'd probably like to see the Kraków Derby, think it would be an absolutely unreal atmosphere, but the thing that really stops me is the very real chance that you'd be killed at it or on route to or from it.

In terms of a country to see multiple games, Argentina would be incredible as outlined by others.

a russian or ukranian derby

a trip to a dutch derby and spending it in with the away ultras would be fucking frightening but an amazing experience no doubt

Just don't be expecting to do that at an Ajax - Feyenoord game :(

If love to see Roma v lazio. If also really like to go to japan and the J-league would be quiet amazing to watch. Don't know if you ever watch it on tv but there's some very skill full players and every other goal seems to be a 40 yard screamer!

Archived