St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Nae c**t will care about this in a months time when McMullan is tearing shit up on loan from Celtic.

Not sure if all that BOOOOOOING will be a good environment for the young lad to learn his trade?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So this Scott fellow would give £2million to the current owners with the proviso that other investors matched that amount?

The way I understand it is he will put the asking price cash up front in the form of an interest free loan. We will then repay the amount to him over time through fan subscription. He will be chairman until this is paid off.

Plus it won't be 2million, especially now we've been relegated.

Tired catchphrase. No soul I'm afraid.

I appreciated you're hurting m8. You're previous post was pretty poor and too full of tears and snotters.

The sad reality is that clubs in the weegie area are still squeezed for fans by the old firm.

It's sad that Celtic can play a friendly at the likes of St Mirren park and get a bigger crowd than for a run of the mill Saints game.

One of the biggest crowds at Firhill recently was for that Old Firm Glasgow cup final. Admittedly it was only a fiver for entry.

I appreciate that this is a decent revenue in the short term for Saints.

The same would be the case at Firhill , Hamilton or even Kilmarnock or Motherwell if those clubs had sold out for a few games :(

The way I understand it is he will put the asking price cash up front in the form of an interest free loan. We will then repay the amount to him over time through fan subscription. He will be chairman until this is paid off.

Plus it won't be 2million, especially now we've been relegated.

It read more like our model where Budge currently owns the club but has already legally committed to selling it to the Foundation of Hearts once the money has been raised. The Foundation has board representation which increases as fundraising milestones are met.

You'll have to look at the terms of the deal, how much cash supporters have to raise, how quickly and what happens to your money if it falls through but I reckon that if there's an appetite for supporter ownership at Saint Mirren the best way forward will either be this or something very like it.

You do at least have the advantage of not having to deal with the aftermath of an administration.

Oh get over yourself. :lol:

The simple fact of the matter is celtic offered a proposal, St mirren sooked the Celtic boaby.

Shorry mh8 8)

The more Hs you add, the funnier it gets.

H thhhk yhh'rh h chht.

See? Brilliant.

Nhah thhat dhoesn't whork ahs whell mhate.

I thought it was only the The Rangers supporters that added an "H" to words.

We can tell who their semi-wee/big team is eh...

^ ^ ^ sheething.

Renting the ground is fair enough, the shop and advertising is embarrassing.

It's not ideal, of course it isn't. Who wants to see another club's branding on your stadium? Here's the news though - for these three games it is Celtic's stadium. Just exactly the same as when our stadium becomes the SFAs Scotland U21s stadium.

If it were Glasgow Warriors rugby or someone, not an eyelid would be batted.

The over-reaction in some quarters is truly puzzling though. Talk of not attending any games, of chucking supporting St Mirren altogether, of wanting the BoD to resign (some hope!), and of never regarding the stadium as ours ever again.....

Get a fcuking grip.

I can understand why most St. Mirren supporters will see the financial benefit from what is happening here but I would be raging if it was Motherwell that was doing this. I used to hate it when we gave two stands to them for home games years a go.

Giving sellick a helping hand in shifting their merchandise just wouldn't sit right with me.

It's little wonder our game is dominated to such an extent when shite like this goes on.

I actually like St Mirren as a club. And the guys on here seem decent lads and would support their club and back them to the hilt, which I find very admirable. But fucking hell.

Archived