St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

Went down to get my St Mirren mouse mat today to be greeted by the Celtic club store. I'm raging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reality, I really couldn't give a shit as St Mirren aren't playing Celtic. Imagine how raging people would be if we were to ground share with another team and then allow them to sell stuff like tickets, programmes etc on matchday.

Football fans really need to get a grip. It's no different from a corporation hiring a venue for an event, such as a recruitment day, and then the inevitable advertising of their company at said venue.

If it were to be any team out with the Old firm our fans and randomguy would have no problem with it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The absolute definition of irony - being on the receiving end of a lecture about selling your soul from a poster who named himself after Vladimir Romanov, the man who filled Hearts with about 600 nameless Lithuanians from Kaunas.

Signing foreign players does not equate to selling your soul, you racist, Paisley tramp. :)

An absolute fucking joke of a club. :lol::lol::lol:

Thank christ there is very little chance of them ever playing the top league again. Pathetic.

Signing foreign players does not equate to selling your soul, you racist, Paisley tramp. :)

The St Mhirren Bhoys defending this sound the types to do a Frank McGarvey and stick their wife on the game for a quick buck.

Filth.

283f253bb422ecc679971a268af8c6af_400x400

:lol: St Mirren are a nothing club like ourselves. You just also happen to bend over for Celtic.

Letting them take down your club's crest on your own stadium and replacing it with their own is pathetic.

Erm, the crest is still on the stadium and last time I checked we weren't embarrassing ourselves propping up a part time diddy league. But thanks for your concern.

Pretty poor trolling, even by your own desperate standards.

Nobody's delighted by this, but in the grand scheme of things is it really such a big deal?

Will all be forgotten about in a few months and as I said I think disturbing your own ST holders and fans for a competitive fixture is far worse imo.

Thats alright then. Maybe every year you should let Celtic take over your stadium, and then spend the whole season developing their players, like a good little club.

Its pretty embarrassing tbh

:lol: St Mirren are a nothing club like ourselves. You just also happen to bend over for Celtic.

Letting them take down your club's crest on your own stadium and replacing it with their own is pathetic.

post-13-0-12263100-1435783406_thumb.jpg

Can't remember our fans bending over for Celtic.

I couldn't give two shiny shites how much they make from the shop. It'll be less than they make from their club shops in braehead or Glasgow for that matter. It'll also be more than we would make from our shop in that time...considering it wouldn't be open.

*sweep sweep sweep*

You'd expect this off some sycophantic diddy like Airdrie but St Mirren are meant to be a somewhat big team with its own identity.

I don't object to them hosting the games but letting them redecorate the ground seems excessive. its almost like Celtic just made a list of demands purely to see what they could get away with.

For a league that's pretty small time, They are setting the bar incredibly low.

Football fans really need to get a grip. It's no different from a corporation hiring a venue for an event, such as a recruitment day, and then the inevitable advertising of their company at said venue.

Except for the inconvenient facts that 1) football clubs aren't standard corporations - otherwise there would be no legitimate stigma about gloryhunting, which is a simple brand preference in any normal market and 2) that there is nothing "inevitable" about your club's actions. Celtic have played many matches at other grounds, including their youth Champions League ties at Cappielow - about which objections were raised. Yet in absolutely none of the above cases were the host's facilities turned over wholesale for the commercial benefit of the bigots.

Thats alright then. Maybe every year you should let Celtic take over your stadium, and then spend the whole season developing their players, like a good little club.

Its pretty embarrassing tbh

Aye, but there's quite a leap between something being a little embarrassing and some of the melodramatic nonsense we've seen.

If, and that's a big if, as no one seems to know for certain, we benefit on and off the park then it's worth the flak and I wouldn't be that bothered if the arrangement continues.

Except for the inconvenient facts that 1) football clubs aren't standard corporations - otherwise there would be no legitimate stigma about gloryhunting, which is a simple brand preference in any normal market and 2) that there is nothing "inevitable" about your club's actions. Celtic have played many matches at other grounds, including their youth Champions League ties at Cappielow - about which objections were raised. Yet in absolutely none of the above cases were the host's facilities turned over wholesale for the commercial benefit of the bigots.

Aye, I've no problem with the stadium being used at all, the bit that does stick in the craw a bit is that we're letting them shift their gear. We'll never find out but would interesting to know how easily we acquiesced to that part of the agreement.

Thats alright then, I'm he'll develop well at your club and you'll get the benefits of a decent fee.

Oh...

Thats alright then, I'm he'll develop well at your club and you'll get the benefits of a decent fee.

Oh...

Or he may develop well and we'll get the benefit of being in prime position to snap him up when Celtic inevitably tell him he's not required, like Carey and McGowan. Both of whom went on to win a national cup as our own players. :)

In other news, congratulations on figuring out the pros and cons of the loan system. :lol:

Reading some of the shite posted about this you'd think we'd just exhumed Jimmy Saville and installed him as Youth Development Coach.

This is much, much worse.

Archived