FIFA 16

Andershen

For whoever asked earlier, price ranges are in it. The max buy now for Scott Parker is 100k though so I'm not really sure what the point of having it at all is.

Every match is decided by the roll of a dice, the advantage given to either player is far beyond 'momentum'. Just about every game is a scrappy affair and whoever the loose ball happens to drop to is the winner.

One thing fifa had right was players individualism but every single player on this feels exactly the same, from the aforementioned Scott Parker to Lionel Messi.

4 out of 5 passes are intercepted regardless of speed direction etc, it's almost impossible to take a player on 1v1, and the game really really is all about the through balls or the tippy tappy pish. Almost every shot with a bit of power is a goal which just about rips the net. It feels like youre driving 10 tanks rather than controlling what is supposed to replicate 10 human athletes.

I've tried and tried and i'm used to it and winning the majority of games I've played but I don't feel like i've earned any goal I've scored and it's just all pretty shit tbh.

It's a shame as I said earlier because I'm a sucker for ultimate team and just wish PES myclub could replicate what UT is. FUT draft is a great idea but that's about the only good thing I can say about this I'm afraid!

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For whoever asked earlier, price ranges are in it. The max buy now for Scott Parker is 100k though so I'm not really sure what the point of having it at all is.

Every match is decided by the roll of a dice, the advantage given to either player is far beyond 'momentum'. Just about every game is a scrappy affair and whoever the loose ball happens to drop to is the winner.

One thing fifa had right was players individualism but every single player on this feels exactly the same, from the aforementioned Scott Parker to Lionel Messi.

4 out of 5 passes are intercepted regardless of speed direction etc, it's almost impossible to take a player on 1v1, and the game really really is all about the through balls or the tippy tappy pish. Almost every shot with a bit of power is a goal which just about rips the net. It feels like youre driving 10 tanks rather than controlling what is supposed to replicate 10 human athletes.

I've tried and tried and i'm used to it and winning the majority of games I've played but I don't feel like i've earned any goal I've scored and it's just all pretty shit tbh.

It's a shame as I said earlier because I'm a sucker for ultimate team and just wish PES myclub could replicate what UT is. FUT draft is a great idea but that's about the only good thing I can say about this I'm afraid!

Thanks for listing this, I think you have made my decision easy. Price caps on means no Fifa for me.

When ypu finish the beta do you have to feedback to them?

To be fair for the first few weeks folk don't seem to enjoy the new edition, then get used to it. #Gary's comment regarding players feeling like tanks is the same criticism levelled at Fifa 14 which they fixed by going pace mental on 15. Again I'm confused why they can't find a happy medium?

FUT Draft is a brilliant addition. Picking your team is fun and playing against other random teams is refreshing but I've only won 1 game out of 10, I just can't get to grips with it the gameplay at all this year.

Debating whether to buy this this year, didn't get a closed Beta invitation by EA so I'll most likely wait till the demo and then early access are out

Mainly play career and Online Clubs on FIFA, can't stand that pay to win bullshit called Ultimate Team.

You don't need to actually pay an extra penny to do well in ultimate team.

Leave Dave to single player career against the computer, sounds fun ZZZZZZZ

Good players trade in UT, its for me one of the most fun things to do in FUT, however not looking possible in 16

Its all well and nice trading to get a squad you're happy with, then you come up against a 12 year old with 11 TOTYs who pumps chipped balls in behind your defence and all you can do is watch

Its all well and nice trading to get a squad you're happy with, then you come up against a 12 year old with 11 TOTYs who pumps chipped balls in behind your defence and all you can do is watch

Just know that his mum will boot his arse when she see's her credit card bill.

I used to find that I'd beat the guys with 11 TOTY players pretty easily, and the games against nothing silver teams much harder.

None of it matters cos I don't play 15 anymore and won't be playing 16 but just pointing out that ultimate team isn't just pay to win.

I used to find that I'd beat the guys with 11 TOTY players pretty easily, and the games against nothing silver teams much harder.

None of it matters cos I don't play 15 anymore and won't be playing 16 but just pointing out that ultimate team isn't just pay to win.

The last FIFA I had was 13 and I just had the best available Russian team with standard players in Ultimate Team. I'd shite myself every time I came up against a team filled with TOTY or TOTW players but they'd turn out to be shite, just weans spunking money at the thing without actually being good.

I'm pretty impressed with the PES demo but which game tends to have the better career mode? That's all I really tend to play these games for.

I've always seen that too. When I played UT I was terrified if a team flashed up and there was a mix of silver and gold players, or had a particularly low overall rating. That usually meant that a) the game would believe that the other team was disadvantaged, and handicap my team to the point they're useless (back when I was under the hilarious misconception that getting the biggest average rating and chemistry was a good thing) or b) the player didn't need good players to be very good at the game. Whenever I saw a really highly rated team, I didn't really struggle. Of course, that could be because of reason a) above working in my favour. If it wasn't that (which it probably was) then I assume it's just kids (or misguided adults) spending a lot of money on coins.

I immediately close the tab of any FIFA video on YouTube that starts with "For cheap, reliable coins check out..."

It's mostly the trade market that annoys me, literally lost count of the amount of times I've been matched against a full bronze team.. With either Messi, Ronaldo or Bale up top. Doesn't exactly help that Messi is overpowered to the point where he can out-muscle and out jump defenders near a foot taller than him.

Rant over, I'm away to find the tissues

Meanwhile at the Hall of Justice... Most the people I know who've played the closed beta have not been impressed, could this actually be the year that PES overtakes FIFA?

Archived