Food poisoning bug 'found in 73% of shop-bought chickens'

"Steps to avoid it include covering and chilling raw chicken, not washing raw chicken, cooking it thoroughly and washing hands and used utensils thoroughly."

Oh good, I'll be safe then, seeing as I am capable of cooking my food.

Good. I've never gotten food poisoning and have chicken about 3 times a week. Natural selection IMO

Had a bad bought of food poisoning a long time ago due a dodgy chicken curry (carry out) That was brutal.

With red meat you don't have the same problem.

I didn't know people washed their meat. That sounds disgusting, and ironically, pretty unhygienic.

Aye I'd never heard of this until recently and thought it was a made up thing that no one actually did. What kind of moron runs a chicken under a tap?!

Aye I'd never heard of this until recently and thought it was a made up thing that no one actually did. What kind of moron runs a chicken under a tap?!

It'll defrost quicker.

A couple of boys in the work went to KFC for their lunch the other week. Both their zinger burgers were pretty much raw in the middle. When they returned to the counter to point this out, the boy behind the counter said they were fine and that "its the spice mixture that makes the chicken look like that". Needless to say after asking to speak to an adult they got their money back and an apology.

Had a bad bought of food poisoning a long time ago due a dodgy chicken curry (carry out) That was brutal.

With red meat you don't have the same problem.

Do us all a favour then and eat a raw burger to test out your theory.

Good. I've never gotten food poisoning and have chicken about 3 times a week. Natural selection IMO

I'd imagine you'd have to be a complete crayon eater, to give yourself food poisoning.

Archived