Motherwell vs Rangers - Playoff Final 2nd Leg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's happening on Saturday that has anything to do with Rangers?

That's pretty much what the rest of us have been saying for the last 100 years.

I am pretty sure that you meant to say something different here, china. Care to have another go at it?

Eh, nope. Pretty much exactly what I meant to say. I'm open to suggestions though.

Oh silly me. OK I shall have a go at this.

What is happening on Saturday that has anything to do with football and that you have been saying for the past 100 years.

How is it at all relevant to 3 years old club?

Oh silly me. OK I shall have a go at this.

What is happening on Saturday that has anything to do with football and that you have been saying for the past 100 years.

How is it at all relevant to 3 years old club?

Silly you indeed. There is absolutely nothing happening on Saturday which has any relevance to a 3 year old club or football and neither has it had any relevance for the last 100 years.

Here's big Rab Kardashian offering his 2 cents now :lol:...

There's no rocket science involved in analysing what happened.

The game was over. Mohsni was walking off the pitch and minding his own business when Erwin shoved him from behind. That was an unprovoked assault. Mohsni reacted in the heat of the moment. He kicked and punched Erwin then turned away again and once more headed towards the dressing rooms. Erwin stood with his arms spread and did not pursue Mohsni. The incident was clearly over at that point, and it's likely that nothing further would have occurred if Mohsni had been allowed to leave the field without being further molested. However, a number of Motherwell players set about him. They had no legitimate reason for so doing.

Let's be clear about this: they attacked Mohsni. They did not go to the assistance of their team-mate - they could not do so because he was no longer embroiled in an altercation with Mohsni and did not require their assistance. Nor did they react to provocation from Mohsni. He did not act aggressively towards them. This stands in contrast to Mohsni's response to Erwin - unlike them, he had been attacked.

On being attacked - for the second time - Mohsni defended himself. He had every right to do so, as he had been attacked by several persons and could not easily have retreated. At this juncture, Erwin ran into the melee and aimed a kick at Mohsni. That alone was deserving of a red card. The SFA cannot be blind to this.

The incident would not have happened had Erwin not attacked Mohsni from behind. Mohsni overreacted, but allowance has to be made for the fact that he was taken by surprise and acted in the heat of the moment. He had not shown any previous intention to engage in physical violence towards any Motherwell player and he did not continue to strike Erwin beyond his initial flurry.

Moreover, that would have been the extent of the incident had the Motherwell players not then set about Mohsni mob-handed. He was struck and kicked and was entitled to act in his own defence.

Mohsni may not be wholly blameless, but he is less culpable than Erwin and the other Motherwell players who attacked him. If the SFA cannot see that then they have a very serious problem indeed.

What does "We are the People" even *mean*? What people? How does one become one? What differentiates or makes them superior to any other group of people?

Archived