Attendances at Ibrox

Normally attendances debates are w**k but I'm genuinely intrigued by the numbers we'll see turning out for Rangers next season. Will they back the team or give up altogether after hilariously failing their target of back to back to back promotions?

Being honest, I reckon the first few games will be close to, if not sell outs. However it will drop slightly but I expect, unless another disaster season attendances to average around 35-45k this season

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

genuine questions. would rangers fans have been more likely to forgive a team of low budget kids if they had a season just like this one? or is it results and only result that matter?

We'd have understood, the main grievance was that the squad performing so poorly SHOULD have done far, far better.

I don't see the support totally collapsing *just* yet, tbh. Reckon there'll be a slight drop in ST sales, but nothing too dramatic.

Looks like they might rise actually, with a new board and hopefully a busy summer fans may be excited for the new season.

Normally attendances debates are w**k but I'm genuinely intrigued by the numbers we'll see turning out for Rangers next season. Will they back the team or give up altogether after hilariously failing their target of back to back to back promotions?

Surely it all depends on whether the swivel eyed loon makes good on the claims of investing large amounts of cash. He claimed that they would need somewhere in the region of £40m if they stayed in the championship, him coughing up half and the 3 bears giving the other half. If they don't start piling in soon and keep bumbling along with loans to pay the bills I can see them remaining in the championship for a while with fans deserting in their droves.

Their attendences will reflect what the season ticket sales are. Many times last season Ibrox must have had sub 20k but the official attendence was +20k as they count season tickets even if they don't turn up.

It is clear many Rangers fans have still to accept the reality that things have changed from the Old club days and that things will never be like they were.

It is clear many Rangers fans have still to accept the reality that things have changed from the Old club days and that things will never be like they were.

Oh dear. "like they were". You're just a normal poster, aye? You don't yet know how excoriated you could be for suggesting other than we're 3 years old?

Oh dear. "like they were". You're just a normal poster, aye? You don't yet know how excoriated you could be for suggesting other than we're 3 years old?

We now seem to be getting to acceptance of the age of the new club at long last

Last year's drop still didn't reflect the reality of how empty the ground really was until the last few games of the season. I work in the ground and it was dead for large parts of the season.

Season ticket sales will be up. How much that rise will be depends on a few factors...Price...Manager. signings...investment from the new board.

25,000 is not an unrealistic target. Anything over that would be excellent. When you factor in how many the club sell at Xmas time it will be 30,000+ by the seasons end.

Season ticket sales will be up. How much that rise will be depends on a few factors...Price...Manager. signings...investment from the new board.

25,000 is not an unrealistic target. Anything over that would be excellent. When you factor in how many the club sell at Xmas time it will be 30,000+ by the seasons end.

Aye all the glory hunters will come flooding back.

ps

anybody seen broxy bear I heard he's at West Calder zoo getting pumped from the Polbeth degenerates.

Aye all the glory hunters will come flooding back.

ps

anybody seen broxy bear I heard he's at West Calder zoo getting pumped from the Polbeth degenerates.

Wtf are you talking about? The figures i am guessing at are DOWN on what we had in the 4th and 3rd tier.

I like No8s optimism that Rangers will still be here come Xmas.

7 pays to be made before then. Who's paying that?

As Cammy Bell threw that first goal i immediately thought .... awww f**k. Another season of Falkirk and Hibs posters. Well that was actually my second thought. My first thought was WHAT THE f**k ARE YOU DOING TRYING TO PUNCH THAT!

I don't think season ticket sales will be up. The Loyal have to realise that most of decent fans (no sniggering at the back) are wary of king. It is true that those that signed up for his drip feed plan last year will likely sign up, but how many was that. I doubt it will be as many as just think f**k it.

Ok thanks for the bookmark

Your welcome :thumsup2

I have a plenty of ork friends that gave up their season ticket last year. They certainly were not shouting for King to come back and all would be forgiven. If Rangers had made it to the Premier league then they MIGHT have renewed this season but not now. At least four of them went to the play off. Lets just say they did not return with much enthusiasm.

If rangers want to fill Ibrox it is not going to be keyboard warriors and die hards that fill it but lukwarm glory hunters like my two friends. Can't see them going back any time soon

Archived