Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

With no Hearts in the league and QotS weakened the standard in the Championship has fallen this season

Hearts had practically won the league by February maybe earlier last season despite it being a harder league to play in

There is no evidence to suggest this Rangers team is any better than last season

Your team is just playing a more attractive style of football

against mainly weaker opposition

With a stronger Falkirk, a strong Morton team added to the league to replace a dreadful Cowdenbeath team and a consistent Hibs team?

If not equal then this league is slightly harder.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weaker opposition?

You make it sound like the teams have all got worse since last season, this is simply untrue.

Hearts were replaced by a top flight team in St.Mirren, one full time team for another.

Morton replaced Cowdenbeath and are a significantly better team.

Falkirk have improved

Hibs have improved

The rest of the clubs have pretty much stayed the same and will likely have similar budgets.

St Mirren aren't comparable to Hearts

Apart from that everything is right and the league seems stronger this year.

Stronger without Hearts?

Stronger with St. Mirren?

No. Clearly not what I said.

Hearts are better than St.Mirren so obviously that lowers the league quality.

However Rangers have improved, Hibs have improved, Falkirk have improved and Morton are a far better side than Cowdenbeath were.

Weaker opposition?

The rest of the clubs have pretty much stayed the same and will likely have similar budgets.

We've certainly not stayed the same.

Last season we took seven points from each of Hibs and Rangers. This season, we've taken none so far from either. I don't see that changing in our remaining fixtures with them.

Absolutely

I think Rangers will get more attention than the other 11 teams put together regardless of how they are doing

and I think how well Rangers compete will be down to how much money will be focused towards building that team. Right now you probably only have about 5 players that can take you to the next level above just going up not including the loanees.

I think 4th or 5th next season might be a realistic target.

Aye that's fair enough, a season long relegation battle naw.

12665618_882302098552790_1934927223_n.jp

Kenny Miller wins PotM for Rangers in 2016 on the left

Kenny Miller wins PotM for Rangers in 2036 on the right

Ha ha, excellent! you think that Kenny will get that many contract extensions? ...probably lol

We've certainly not stayed the same.

Last season we took seven points from each of Hibs and Rangers. This season, we've taken none so far from either. I don't see that changing in our remaining fixtures with them.

Hibs have strengthened and we have a real manager now, qots got a bit lucky last season.

If you look at it another way Morton replace Hearts and St. Mirren replace Cowdenbeath

You have a far worse Alloa and Livingston sides

There is no challenge for the top 3 places from Queen of the South this season

As for the top three I don't see much improvement other than there is no Hearts in the same league to take points of the three teams

Livingston are far worse? They have more points at this point than last season.

And instead of a challenge for top three from QotS there is one for top two from Falkirk.

Hibs have improved and are now consistent.

Rangers are rejuvenated this season and are miles ahead of where we were last season.

Basically QotS have gotten weaker and Alloa are now bottom because of the loss of Cowdenbeath. Apart from that it has improved.

This year we have members of the establishment posing as 4th officials.

Establishmentarians on the pitch and in the courts, we truly are the people.

Repeatedly lucky, sometimes by two or three goals.

Ally was probably worst manager ever tbf.

Establishmentarians on the pitch and in the courts, we truly are the people.

Ally was probably worst manager ever tbf.

He handed in his notice on the day of the 2-0 game, but was still notionally in charge.

The team we horsed 3-0 was managed by McCall.

If Rangers and Hibs get promoted then they'll finish in the top half, with top four the target, even with their current squads.

Should have better discipline then shouldn't you?

Lyle that good at the back?

What can you do, if fourth officials who are only there as glorified substitute refs for televised games, decide to grab the limelight and make blatantly wrong decisions that need overturned?

Your grasp of football is weird if you think losing a striker only impacts on his team's capacity to attack.

Archived