2015/16 Champions League

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was thinking how awful and not-bothered Yaya Toure was last night. Found this on Twitter this morning -

https://twitter.com/bewarmers/status/727966896771960832

City should just put him in the stand for the remainder of the season then bin him.

:lol: One of the biggest matches in Man City's history and he puts in that effort. I can't see him staying at Man City next season away.

Whilst I agree they were shite, I think people are being a bit harsh on City. I mean... it's Real Madrid they're playing, they are clearly the better side and are at home with a very slender 1-0 advantage. If they get a second, the game is over - as it was City could get scrape a goal somehow and go through.

Also, they made it to the semi-final of the CL. It goes without saying, but only four teams in Europe managed to do that this season so I think they punched well above their weight and in hindsight they will be pretty pleased with how the competition went overall.

I don't think people are being harsh at all. It's one thing being made to look poor and being beaten by a better team, but it's another to look like you are just not putting the effort in.

Toure wasn't the only player who looked like they weren't doing anything. As Ferdinand pointed out at half time, they weren't closing players down, there was no energy and barely anyone running into space or looking to try the counter attack.

The few times they got forward, City looked dangerous enough - why only do it a handful of times? They were going out anyway, it was worth risking losing a second goal.

Read on sky sports earlier that Yaya didn't make one tackle or recovery of the ball the whole match.

He completed less passes than any other midfielder.

He travelled less distance than any other midfielder including the ones who played 90 minutes who's average you'd expect to be lower due to tiredness towards the end of the game.

His performance is basically as close to sabotage as you can get. He's really played the long game over that birthday cake.

No thanks.

What a terrible idea

I think it would be quite a good shake up, you already have 2 knock out rounds of a home and an away match and it will encourage a more exciting fixture rather than a high possibility of stalemate in the first leg. 

Why don't we just play every game as a one legged affair at a neutral ground?

Thats not what is being discussed though is it? I just think it would be more interesting as a spectator.

I'd be against a one-legged affair, but very much for removing the away goals rule.  Always think that can spoil matches in a second leg when one team can shitfest the home first leg and then nick a goal to win it.

Thats not what is being discussed though is it? I just think it would be more interesting as a spectator.

What is the difference between drab first leg of a quarter/semi and drab group stage games?

Surely they'd all be an improvement for the spectator in your eyes if they were all one legged affairs at neutral venues?

What is the difference between drab first leg of a quarter/semi and drab group stage games?

Surely they'd all be an improvement for the spectator in your eyes if they were all one legged affairs at neutral venues?

Of course not - I'm just suggesting it will make the semi final more of a spectacle.

Archived