2015/16 Champions League

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Truly pathetic performance. Even into added on time they had at least 8 men behind the ball. Absolutely no tactic or gameplan to score a goal nevermind get anything from the game.

I echo most of the opinions on Citys performance tonight. Half hearted, cowardly, timid, no creativity, no width and no fight. If i was a City fan, i would be seething at that performance given what was at stake. Even the first leg showing wasnt that great. Pep has a big job on his hands in the summer to get them anywhere near where he will want them

Whilst I agree they were shite, I think people are being a bit harsh on City. I mean... it's Real Madrid they're playing, they are clearly the better side and are at home with a very slender 1-0 advantage. If they get a second, the game is over - as it was City could get scrape a goal somehow and go through. 

Also, they made it to the semi-final of the CL. It goes without saying, but only four teams in Europe managed to do that this season so I think they punched well above their weight and in hindsight they will be pretty pleased with how the competition went overall. 

Agreed with that, playing on the counter gave them a chance, if they'd gone for the throat they'd have been ripped apart. Madrid are easily a level above City, at least.

f**k sake even the highlights of this game are awful.

Given how in pure footballing terms the final will almost certainly be a dreadful affair I actually hope the two teams just batter the shit out of each other, with Zidane nutting Simeone (or vice-versa) and both teams being banned from European competition for five years as a result.

Have the two Madrids played each other since Zidane became manager? I feel like him vs. Simeone could be quite scenic, especially if something contentious happens on this stage.

diego-simeone-sabarzidan_20160228_024807

There's definite potential there for fireworks...

f**k sake even the highlights of this game are awful.

Given how in pure footballing terms the final will almost certainly be a dreadful affair I actually hope the two teams just batter the shit out of each other, with Zidane nutting Simeone (or vice-versa) and both teams being banned from European competition for five years as a result.

Simeone to smuggle the trophy out the stadium under his coat with one of Modric's arms hanging out of it imo

I'd like to see the semi-finals changed to one leg at neutral venues.

This is a good shout - one on a Saturday and the next on the Sunday both at 1945 would do for me.

I really want Atletico to win this. What a squad they are and what performances to put Barcelona and Bayern out over two legs.

Would like to see Atletico win it also but I think Real will win it again.

Was surprised at how far off the pace Man City were over the two games. The difference in quality between them and Real was massive, and I haven't been overly impressed with Real this year.

5 of the last 6 CL finalists from Spain and will now be 6 of the last 11 winners. The top 3 in Spain seem light years ahead of the rest at the moment, and with the Europa league showing similar stats in terms of Spanish clubs winning you would have to conclude the Spanish league itself is miles ahead of anywhere else. For a country so skint, how can they be so consistently good?

I don't like Real or Athletico, still I hope they can conjure up a decent final.

I quite fancy Athletico for this one as at least they can shitfest and counter properly.

Was thinking how awful and not-bothered Yaya Toure was last night. Found this on Twitter this morning -

https://twitter.com/bewarmers/status/727966896771960832

City should just put him in the stand for the remainder of the season then bin him.

Champions league semi final ffs :lol:

Archived