Southern Ireland as corrupt as FIFA

7-2

International football started n predicated by two (by definition if it's international)

it was clearly inter nation football then......It still is now.....or we wouldn't have international football. ....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The biggest seethe, quite rightly too, is that proud independent republics like Georgia, Germany, Ireland and Poland, are forced to play British monarchist provincial representative selections like "gibraltar" and "scotch land". How and why are makey-uppy "countries" such as "gibraltar" and "scotch land" even allowed to compete at so-called international level? It's a complete joke!

we are probably allowed to compete because we started international football and playing it for nearly 50 years before the country of the republic of Ireland even existed.

Those with a long memory will remember the FAI blocking live Scottish football in its infancy when it coincided with daft wee regional cup ties in the Republic where the attendances rarely reached three figures anyway. Hated them since then, so I'm delighting in their discomfort. Hopefully that is added to when Strachan's bold buccaneers get it right up their team on Saturday.

Are you Scotch or South Irish?

Scottish of very recent Irish extraction. Dislike the antipathy that Scottish fans have always held for the Irish, which is simply not reciprocated the other way (visiting Scottish fans will be treated like rock stars in Dublin next week, win, lose or draw, you watch).

Scottish of very recent Irish extraction. Dislike the antipathy that Scottish fans have always held for the Irish, which is simply not reciprocated the other way (visiting Scottish fans will be treated like rock stars in Dublin next week, win, lose or draw, you watch).

I'm the same

Personally couldn't give a f**k what my fellow Scots thought about Ireland, cause I'm Scottish... :lol:

I'd say Scots on the whole like Southern Ireland. Very similar to us.

I like them anyways. Well when were no playing football against them.

Broken ribs like that Edge fella?

I had it in my head I didn't like the Irish for a while, i think when i was travelling Australia i was often subjected to large cliques of guys that had gone out there and i definitely found them to be a mixed bag. A lot of them were quite gullible and repeated the same stories that they had heard off their mates about huntsman spiders the size of car wheels and what not. Another thing i didn't like was a lot of the guys seemed to be your stereotypical shady blagging sort that would talk their way into anything which i don't think you get so much in Scotland.Having said that, a lot of the people that were out there weren't going for a holiday just to f**k about like i was, a lot of them had to leave Ireland to get any sort of work for themselves so i suppose they weren't having a good time and i wasn't seeing the best side of a lot of the guys i met

Over all in reflection its a country of the same size as ours so you are going to still get a mixed bag of people but i think over all Scots and Irish are different people.

we are probably allowed to compete because we started international football and playing it for nearly 50 80 years before the country of the republic of Ireland even existed.

Scottish, lived in Dublin for near on 10yrs. Wife and 3 kids all Irish. The SEETHE I get when I call them all southern Irish :-) See you Saturday lads, block 107

They must think you're some way out, hippy type of weirdo. You move to another country, marry into that community then bring your kids up with the nationality of the country they're born in, growing up in, nurtured and educated in, not yours or your grandads? Wowser. Bet they just can't get their heads round that modern lifestyle crap

Your da' drank a pint of Guinness once then, aye?

I love the anger generated from you, especially your 'scotch land' patter that insulted no-one. I find it particularly amusing given that you have a saltire-clad map of Scotch land as part of your avatar as you slaughter it.

You aren't into self-harming, perchance? :lol: If heads gone of the week was still a thing, you'd have romped it.

Archived