The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Take at look at Harkins club history.  It's a long record of clubs who thought they were the ones that could get the best out of Harkins IF they could get him fit and IF they could get him motivated and IF you can play him in a position that plays to his strength.  Managers who believed they and they alone have the managerial ability to get the best out of a player that hardly anyone else could.

Don't know why I'm telling you this - it would be the best move of the Summer if we could punt that dumpling.

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

Take at look at Harkins club history.  It's a long record of clubs who thought they were the ones that could get the best out of Harkins IF they could get him fit and IF they could get him motivated and IF you can play him in a position that plays to his strength.  Managers who believed they and they alone have the managerial ability to get the best out of a player that hardly anyone else could.

Don't know why I'm telling you this - it would be the best move of the Summer if we could punt that dumpling.

I dunno, he genuinely did ok at a decent Dundee side for a season or two.

IIRC, didn't we sign him when we thought McGowan was leaving? He then didn't leave and Danny couldn't work out how to play them both*. You'd pick Gowser 100% of the time over Harkins, so he didn't get a sniff.

Obviously I hope he's fucking gash for Morton, but there's still a player in there somewhere. 

* Hartley later proved it was possible.

Edited by Coventry Saint

Two days ago your gormless fanbase were planning your league title charge* around Harkins. :lol:

Not that any of Ayr United's best players are good enough to walk into a much, much better Morton side of course, but you're fooling absolutely no-one with the "but... but... we didn't want him anyway!" routine. Thanks for playing anyway.

1495971230356.jpg.ac6c60e6a5641e6791c4edd09a775197.jpg

*NB - Ayr United fans discussing a title challenge:

1495971352075.jpg.d65de3817f1bbb115a289984200f83cf.jpg

9 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Morton to finish bottom 3 this seasonwith signings like Harkins. Not that we can say much with MNoNo

If we sign experienced premier league players we will finish bottom 3?

Can't imagine the season Harkins has had to be getting spoke about like this. Up until the point he left us he was still one of our main men in a side that had Hemmings and Greg Stewart.

We offered him a new deal before the shenanigans that happened in Austria happened.

Partick Thistle got £250,000 for GGH, £250,000! Unfortunately the money had to be used to pay a VAT bill that had been overlooked :rolleyes:

Whereas we used our money that was set aside for our VAT bill for him. [emoji38]

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Can't imagine the season Harkins has had to be getting spoke about like this. Up until the point he left us he was still one of our main men in a side that had Hemmings and Greg Stewart.

We offered him a new deal before the shenanigans that happened in Austria happened.

I don't have to imagine.  I sat (well stood, it is Somerset) through it.  The knowledge that he clearly has ability is what makes his attitude all the more galling.

Due to the logical flaw mentioned I'm assuming/hoping we can file that under 'made up slow news day bollocks'.

We already have Kilday, Lamie and O'Ware signed up: if Duffy signs a fourth centre back who isn't Gavin Gunning there'll be a level of rioting which hasn't been seen since Morton fans smashed the town hall up in 1922 in protest at only winning the Scottish Cup rather than a league and cup double.

The only game in which Harkins looked anything other than an obese, washed-up mess was the shame game at Somerset back in September, when we had Oliver and Quitongo playing as wingers to supply target-man Oyenuga. So hardly the most credible match to cite, but that was about the sum of his contribution against us. 

Was that the same game that you and your pals wanted duffy out and had an arguement with tam oware?

If Harkins signs for the Ten then I really hope we don't draw you in the cup again next year. Harkins hammers us every time we come up against us.

Does he do this against any of his other old sides or is it just Killie?

7 minutes ago, Cowshed118 said:

Was that the same game that you and your pals wanted duffy out and had an arguement with tam oware?

O'Ware was actually having an argument with other fans at the exit of the ground, while we were still behind the goal. So get your facts straight chump.