The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Season tickets announced. £260 for the adult early bird which is available until June 9th, after that it rises to £280. Concessions now available for everyone up to the age of 20.

http://gmfc.net/2017/05/29/201718-season-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow/

It's a £10 increase on all types of ticket compared to last year, which I'm absolutely fine with provided all additional revenue goes directly to the bank account of Sir Gavin Gunning.

Edited by Dunning1874

4 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Season tickets announced. £260 for the adult early bird which is available until June 9th, after that it rises to £280. Concessions now available for everyone up to the age of 20.

http://gmfc.net/2017/05/29/201718-season-tickets-on-sale-tomorrow/

It's a £10 increase on all types of ticket compared to last year, which I'm absolutely fine with provided all additional revenue goes directly to the bank account of Sir Gavin Gunning's bookie.

FTFY

On 2017-5-28 at 19:33, Cowshed118 said:

Was that the same game that you and your pals wanted duffy out and had an arguement with tam oware?

Tam can't be like his auld man if he's only arguing with fandans.

10 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Mark Russell being linked with us, thoughts Morton fans?

On his day a very good left back at this level. Sadly didn't perform well for the second half of this season after losing confidence playing at left wing. Hope we get a decent fee for him anyway. 

13 minutes ago, jamle1874 said:

Absolute huge potential. Came into the team as a young lad and performed brilliantly. Didn't have his best season this season, which I found a bit strange. 

Says he prefers playing left midfield, but his best position is leftback. Can ghost past players with ease. Tends to be caught in possession due to his total laid back attitude.

I predict he'll go on to better things and be a top player 

I've always likened him to a Kieran Tierney type player - they even both wear the black boots, short sleeves and tucked in shirts - in how they go forward but he is suspect defensively but a great player when he has confidence and a club like Hearts may be a good foil for him.

5 minutes ago, Tri-TON said:

I've always likened him to a Kieran Tierney type player - they even both wear the black boots, short sleeves and tucked in shirts - in how they go forward but he is suspect defensively but a great player when he has confidence and a club like Hearts may be a good foil for him.

Well with the system we are going into next season is 3 at the back so he'd most likely be a wing back so his defensive frailties may not cause huge issues.

3 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

John Baird mulling over a move out West... don't shoot the messenger. 

I actually thought we might be in for him. Maybe been told he'll be a squad player for Falkirk and doesn't fancy it? 

10 hours ago, Scosha said:

I actually thought we might be in for him. Maybe been told he'll be a squad player for Falkirk and doesn't fancy it? 

If he's leaving Falkirk because he's not guaranteed a start there then coming to Morton wouldn't make sense, since he surely wouldn't start ahead of Oliver or Quitongo. Although possibly he's been told he'll be even lower than third choice at Falkirk.

If we're going for someone leaving Falkirk as cover, I'd prefer McHugh.