The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, virginton said:

The team with the lowest budget in the league in July gets 57 points by season's end - you keep kidding yourselves that's failure chumps. 

Not to mention the £100k profit we'll be making at the same time; no Morton fan is feeling anything but pride about what is being built here - and a quiet confidence about our performance next season. 

Great to see Sir Efe contributing to the scenes at our winning goal - get him in the Hall of Fame now. 

f**k all is being built, except an increasing number of years of doing the bare minimum that passes as mediocrity in the championship, and possibly the seaside leagues.

”Word salad” reply incoming, away and f**k you boring b*****d.

Morten, you really are a nothing club. 

9 hours ago, virginton said:

The team with the lowest budget in the league in July gets 57 points by season's end - you keep kidding yourselves that's failure chumps. 

Not to mention the £100k profit we'll be making at the same time; no Morton fan is feeling anything but pride about what is being built here - and a quiet confidence about our performance next season. 

Great to see Sir Efe contributing to the scenes at our winning goal - get him in the Hall of Fame now. 

^^^ Someone's hurting.

aee4b01213a3c5f9aa1acc1ec005992a.jpg

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

To miss out on a playoff spot by GD is is a sore one (and it had to be by fucking 10 pts didn't it) and I'd be laughing if it was us that squeezed in too.

But we were written off at the start, expected to be relegated with the budget we had and a new fan-owned model in place.

6pts behind first place, the second best games lost ratio, debt free and a solid foundation of a 1st 11 team in place for next season and finally rid of shite patter from Dundee fans. Not a bad consolation prize. 

Bring on GTF Day.

Thank you.

Edited by MORleyTON

9 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If only you'd not conceded a 94th minute goal from Kwame Thomas that really meant nothing for the other club in the grand scheme of things, eh?

We lost about ten injury time goals over the season; we also scored a few ropey goals ourselves. That's how a league season works chump. 

11 hours ago, virginton said:

Failure to finish in the top 4 of a ten team league which is of a very poor quality is fine?  OK...

I'm sure you're genuinely not bothered at all that two teams you particularly detest, Ayr United and Thistle, safely secured their play off spots alongside "Glasgow Gretna" at your expense in the last ten minutes of the season.  At least you have your pride and "quiet confidence" to fall back on.  This time next year...

You'd have been giving it huge licks and doling out pictures of "Sir Douglas" wearing his F*ck Morton hat left, right and centre if you had somehow squeezed into 4th last night.

1 hour ago, VictorOnopko said:

You'd have been giving it huge licks and doling out pictures of "Sir Douglas" wearing his F*ck Morton hat left, right and centre if you had somehow squeezed into 4th last night.

Well yes. You can count on me being the worst, least gracious winner of all time when we do get promoted. Suspect we'll be in the running next season. 

The absolute state of virtually every post on this entire forum made by virtually every Dundee fan. I'm really looking forward to next season - and especially to the fact that these trolling roasters will be stinking out the Premiership forum instead of this one. To a man, they treat lack of humility as though it were a virtue.

Edited by Chippyminton
Reduction in offensive rage level .....

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

A lovely day today.

bowyer.thumb.jpg.136f0c56c222e0347d94312109118b6b.jpg

GIRFUY 'Doogie'.

Thank you.

Union Jack pride of place and nazi salute from blue jacket. Not surprised in the slightest. 

3 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

The absolute state of virtually every post on this entire forum made by virtually every Dundee fan. I'm really looking forward to next season - and especially to the fact that these trolling roasters will be stinking out the Premiership forum instead of this one. To a man, they treat lack of humility as though it were a virtue.

They’re obsessed.

We should be flattered, although I agree it’s getting tedious.

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Don't think so.

Look at it, and weep.

😳

ffs.

y’know, I’m almost embarrassed for you guys posting on here……..   almost.

you do realise it’s only fitba’, right? It’s nothing important?

I wonder who will enjoy next season more - Morton fans in a competitive chase for the championship or a playoff place, or you lot seeing your team get humped every other week……….    C’mon, it’s only a year ago; you must remember how miserable you felt. Well, for one more year only, it’s yours all over again.   😜  😁😁😁

And the bonus for ALL the Championship clubs is that we don’t have to suffer some of the worst posters of this season, unless any of us choose to visit you on a point-and-laugh basis (personally I won’t be going near you, I’m just glad to see the division get shot of you arseholes. Nae offence, like!)   

Enjoy yer moment, guys - it sure as hell ain’t gonna last.

oh, almost forgot - thank you.

😜

On 16/04/2023 at 20:53, Toby said:

I saw that mentioned by an Ayr fan (possibly yourself) in the last week or so, but to be honest I don’t see it. Imrie’s post match interview on Tuesday would suggest to me that his eyes are firmly fixed on Ryan Fulton and I don’t see McAdams leaving one Championship bench to go and sit on another.

Failing bringing in Fulton, I’d imagine Jack Hamilton may well be back on the radar if Schwake returns to Livingston as their number two.

Fulton supposedly off to Portsmouth.

Looking back to last close season Dougie was active quite early. Wonder if he will move quickly this time too? 

Hearing Waters has been offered a deal along with Jai and Grimshaw too

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

The Union Flag was there because it was the City Chambers you arse.

I wasn't being serious you silly goose. Bit  weird you defended the flag part so passionately but weren't offended by the nazi salute comment.