The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

If he's playing well, will. Wants him to play around 18 games though and build up his fitness.

The back page of the Courier on 140923

Cheers, good to see the actual quotes as the video is behind your paywall.

Well, hopefully he is doing well but also Dundee are in a decent place so don't need him back anyway.

3 minutes ago, macclyde+ said:

Alex King ? Any good ? Just signed on loan from you.

Super prospect.

Many Morton fans would have had him starting for us tomorrow, especially with our small squad and injuries.

Bit wild to loan him out right now. 

He should skoosh it in L2.

He needs regular game time to develop especially with his potential and he's not going to get that coming on for 15 mins every week or two.

Sure with our squad it's more handy to keep him but theres still times where he comes on as a sub and looks like a lost boy tactically so this can only help us and him in the long run by getting lots of games in between now and January. 

If we can get an Alex King back in January that's ready to start every week in the championship then we will be a better team for it. 

Edited by port-ton

1 minute ago, port-ton said:

He needs regular game time to develop especially with his potential and he's not going to get that coming on for 15 mins every week or two.

Sure with our squad it's more handy to keep him but theres still times where he comes on as a sub and looks like a lost boy tactically so this can only help us and him in the long run by getting lots of games in between now and January. 

If we can get an Alex King back in January that's ready to start every week in the championship then we will be a better team for it. 

Is half a season at the worst team in the SPFL going to do that though? I don’t sense he needs much of a boost physically, which is all that is likely to give him.

4 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Exactly.

Diddy cup games apart need game time .

Yes physically looks up for it but need to play and get his match brain working.

Dougie will be looking for man of the match awards from him.

True we are short on players so also hope this is an indication we have some short term loans coming through the door.

59 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Is half a season at the worst team in the SPFL going to do that though? I don’t sense he needs much of a boost physically, which is all that is likely to give him.

We're certainly not the worst in the League, and everyone is much of a muchness. Now getting a few players back from injury, so I do expect us to climb the table.

And if fit the boy will play every week, I have no doubt about that, surely that can only be good for you guys.

Just now, macclyde+ said:

We're certainly not the worst in the League, and everyone is much of a muchness. Now getting a few players back from injury, so I do expect us to climb the table.

And if fit the boy will play every week, I have no doubt about that, surely that can only be good for you guys.

It's more disappointing that he has left, rather than going to Clyde specifically.

He is - I would say - above League Two level already, probably a better L1 player at the moment. He should tear oppositions apart in that league and I'm sure it'll prove to be a good deal for yous. Make the most of it.

We will offer a refund if he doesn't score one of his signature 'run for half of the park and hammer it home' goals.

43 minutes ago, #Gary said:

Crazy decision to loan him out tbh unless we have already reached agreements for more incoming players.

It really isn't because he's about 17th in the pecking order in his actual position. 

I'd rather he went out on loan to Annan at a level above as he looks ready for that challenge, but if he can't be a very good performer at League Two then there's an issue.