The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

3 hours ago, Ferguson said:

Rumours of a signing from down south to be announced today doing the rounds on Whatsapp. Guy with 21 goals in 26 games apparently, no idea of the level or any more info. Believe it when I see it I suppose.

Ollie Pearce?

On 14/01/2024 at 13:52, Sortmeout said:

Don’t think this will have been mentioned on here and I am putting 2+2 together here and maybe getting 5 so this isn’t even necessarily a rumour.

Not sure if you guys remember but Robbie Muirhead was on the Kilmarnock fans podcast a few months ago and at the time I said I was really surprised to hear how he was talking about Kilmarnock, lots of “us” and “we” chat when talking about the club. He was on that podcast because he is good mates with one of the two podcast hosts.

Anyway on the most recent podcast the other host basically hinted a few times that Robbie Muirhead woudlnt be a bad signing for Kilmarnock and that he wouldn’t be surprised to see him back at Rugby Park. He made it clear he was just saying this with no knowledge of any deal etc but I did find it telling that the other host (Muirheads pal) didn’t say a word during these comments and I wonder if maybe there is something happening there.

I've heard 1 or 2 rumours of interest in Muirhead and I picked up on Imrie saying in an interview recently  saying"we want him to stay" which of course could just mean generally for next season or there's known interest now.

If Killie are interested, I'm assuming he will be off and as much as I'd be gutted, he deserves another crack at a big club based on his performances over the last 2 years.

2 hours ago, madton said:

I've heard 1 or 2 rumours of interest in Muirhead and I picked up on Imrie saying in an interview recently  saying"we want him to stay" which of course could just mean generally for next season or there's known interest now.

If Killie are interested, I'm assuming he will be off and as much as I'd be gutted, he deserves another crack at a big club based on his performances over the last 2 years.

Is he really good enough to step up to the Premiership again though? He’s been good for us since Imrie came in, but there’s not one time I’ve thought there’s a player that’s playing at a level below what they’re capable of. 

3 hours ago, madton said:

Come on mate :lol:

9 hours ago, Scosha said:

Is he really good enough to step up to the Premiership again though? He’s been good for us since Imrie came in, but there’s not one time I’ve thought there’s a player that’s playing at a level below what they’re capable of. 

Aye it would be interesting to see how he does if he does move on.

Mental to think we'd all be gutted whereas 2 years ago, we'd all chip in for the taxi to Killie. Fair play to him for turning his career around.

6 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Looks like it's been deleted now

I’d imagine that’s a courtesy thing from Queen of the South. More often than not announcements like that are made by the player’s “new” club. Looks like they jumped the gun and then pulled it because Morton hadn’t announced anything, possibly at Morton’s request.

Assuming this 'permanent transfer' means he'll be staying beyond the summer. Excellent news if so. Can't be understated how important he is, not just in how good he is at breaking things up in the middle of the park but also being able to fill in at either full back position when needed.

Fantastic news. Despite how good Crawford has been I think Wilson is our most important midfielder now and he's been excellent since he's gotten fit. There's an extremely high likelihood he's going to have injury problems again, but getting him signed up long-term is great regardless.

O'Boy on a permanent (professional) until 2025 as well.

The (O')Boy does seem to have a lot of potential. Glad he's been given a proper deal.

Wilson on a permanent is fantastic business as well.

Delighted with the presumably incoming news on Wilson, hopefully on an 18 month contract minimum.

He's one of the best midfielders in the  Championship and is forming a very good partnership with Power who has also been very good recently.

Muirhead, Crawford, Strapp and Oakley next please....

From the Tele'

MORTON boss Dougie Imrie is laying foundations for the future after securing the signatures of two midfielders ahead of this week's Scottish Cup tie against Montrose.

The Cappielow boss has agreed terms with loanee Iain Wilson to stay at the club for the next 18 months, while also thrashing out a deal to secure promising academy graduate Logan O'Boy until May 2025.

Wilson has been in fine form of late after coming back to Cappielow for a second spell, on loan from League One outfit Queen of the South.

Imrie and his ex-Livingston colleague Marvin Bartley, who is now in charge at Dumfries, have come to an agreement which will see Wilson join Ton permanently.

After a slow start to his loan, building up his fitness after an ankle injury picked up in pre-season, the big midfielder has established himself as one of the first names on Imrie's team sheet.

Meanwhile O'Boy has put pen to paper on first professional contract. His current apprenticeship had been due to come to a close at the end of this season.

The youngster made his first team debut against Bo'ness United in the Scottish Cup third round at the end of November, scoring a stunning goal to round off a 4-0 victory over the Lowland League side.

The 18-year-old was then kept in and around the first team environment and given another chance to prove his worth in the closing stages of the 3-0 victory over Ayr United on January 2.

Edited by MORleyTON
Typo

On 15/01/2024 at 09:15, Ferguson said:

Rumours of a signing from down south to be announced today doing the rounds on Whatsapp. Guy with 21 goals in 26 games apparently, no idea of the level or any more info. Believe it when I see it I suppose.

Shades of Brian Wake, which would work for me!