The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

That performance and lineup was even worse than our nick of an effort at the start of the 2013-14 campaign. We are in deep, deep trouble and the idea that signing a striker and midfielder will make things good is the last straw folk are clutching at. 

In trying to transition from one playing style to another, we've lost everything that made us effective and added nothing so far. 

I wish I could understand what Reynolds was brought here on, what the extent of the scouting was. 

Davies you can understand, Reynolds is beyond comprehension.

4 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

I wish I could understand what Reynolds was brought here on, what the extent of the scouting was. 

Davies you can understand, Reynolds is beyond comprehension.

I thought it was well known he's up here so Liam Sole at Livingston has a pal?

2 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Davies you can understand, Reynolds is beyond comprehens

Reynolds said in an interview that he knew dougie following a trial he had at Livvy when he was a coach there. He's seen him up close in the past.

4 hours ago, Thistle4eva said:

Hahahaha, I’m not drinking you absolute wet wipe. We are going back up to where we belong this year. Stick your pocket money on it son.

Football took a nosedive when non OF fans started acting like them. 

On 29/06/2024 at 19:43, Chippyminton said:

I believe that our Mr. Reynolds seriously has the potential to become the Championship’s next Dipo Akinyemi. Screenshot this post for future reference. It will either prove me as P&B’s most gifted clairvoyant, or prove me to be its most delusional and epic chump. I’m happy to take either.

Edit - George who?

Dipo didn't score in the League Cup games either so this might still come true....early signs don't seem promising though 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Dipo didn't score in the League Cup games either so this might still come true....early signs don't seem promising though 

Tbf Akinyemi ragdolled every centre half he came up against in those games and did everything BUT score. Must’ve hit the post about three times in a 3-0 to QOS. The signs were there that he would come good but none of us could see us due to our dreadful league cup campaign that season. 

Yeah 5th spot seems in the far distance in what I have seen so far.

Was always the problem with the fans ownership scheme one bad season and no hits ( big games) could sink our budget and send us down for a few seasons.

Need to consolidate once the league season starts and be realistic in our ambition,  7 place might be acceptable.

Hope springs eternal thought and a couple of lone rabbits out the hat may cheer us all up

Still very early in the season. It will take to the first 1/4 of the league campaign to see where we are.

Three of our new signings are out injured. A further two really haven't impressed so far. So in reality that's five not performing in the team right now.

Given Broadfoot and Blues haven't had the greatest of starts to the season, you can see why we haven't really performed as we had hoped.

I will only start to worry after the first few league games and if we're looking bad and getting well beaten, but some folks already dissing Lamar and Davies before the real stuff begins is bonkers, and does not help the team or those players bed in , yes brodfoot I can understand people's frustrations he's been here long enough , and to be honest I think Dougie was in process of making him a bench player till injury,s struck our back line .

We are implementing a new style of football we have 10 or 11 new players bedding in getting to actually know each other that's not an overnight fix   , this cup was always going to be helpful for us to learn and develop.

Dougie himself stated he still wants to find a no9 and I'm sure he will be looking for a strong midfielder.

We need to learn how to unlock defences and not overpass a ball , great to be a passing side if we can split a defence or get balls down the channels accumulating in a cross in the box , this is allways going to be a work in progress I'm sure  they will work at that and improve.

I do hope the people who are loosing their patience already are apologetic in what they vent come later in the season if this works out . Yes fans have the right to express discontent as they pay the money, but for me I just feel it non productive at all in helping with Dougie's plans . After a few games when it really matters yes I get it but the thought of going to Patrick going 1 down and everyone on people's back won't help a thing it will make it worse , yet if we go and win and Lamar or Davies scores im sure pre season and this cup will be all forgotten and the fans as well as Dougie can be aligned again in what lies ahead, let's get right behind them those new players need encouragement this early in the season not after a handful o pre season games and a diddy cup . This cup was always going to be like this for us , cup run next year hehe believe 

I trust in Dougie 

Edited by montheton11

The League Cup ‘is’ the real business - especially when given 3 teams from lower divisions to beat. We have pissed a good anount of money up the wall by making an arse of this, regardless of if we magically start playing like Man City at Firhill.

2 hours ago, montheton11 said:

I will only start to worry after the first few league games and if we're looking bad and getting well beaten, but some folks already dissing Lamar and Davies before the real stuff begins is bonkers, and does not help the team or those players bed in , 

They've had an entire pre-season to bed in. 

They've also had a string of dogshit home friendlies that were specifically sold as helping the players to bed in this ludicrous new 'philosophy', as opposed to anything that might interest the supporters. 

They've now had the bulk of a very favourable League Cup group that has been a key source of extra revenue to the club in previous scenes. Rather than bedding in, they have instead shat all over the fucking bed meaning that we are out even before next week's dead rubber. 

It is not the job of supporters to pay good money to act as cheerleaders or counsellors to help professional footballers to kick a ball effectively. It is the job of those professionals to deliver for their club and by extension the paying customer.

Edited by vikingTON

2 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The League Cup ‘is’ the real business - especially when given 3 teams from lower divisions to beat. We have pissed a good anount of money up the wall by making an arse of this, regardless of if we magically start playing like Man City at Firhill.

I'll take that if you can throw 10 or 11 players together change how a team have played for years and hope to fk it works out in the first few games them yer a better manager than anyone I can think of mate .

3 minutes ago, montheton11 said:

I'll take that if you can throw 10 or 11 players together change how a team have played for years and hope to fk it works out in the first few games them yer a better manager than anyone I can think of mate .

Absolutely nothing to do with what I’ve said though is it? The team do need time to gel and nobody is writing the entire thing off yet - however they have still made a monumental arse of a group against weaker opposition.

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

A garbage ringer can also be spotted quite easily within 45 minutes - David Irons was entirely correct with that judgment. 

Ok mate your positive attitude in most of your posts is so great to see what do u want to see happen tell me who is out who is in and what style o play you want as your obviously a top manager. Fair doos boo away it helps much

Just now, TheGoon said:

Absolutely nothing to do with what I’ve said though is it? The team do need time to gel and nobody is writing the entire thing off yet - however they have still made a monumental arse of a group against weaker opposition.

I agree but fk me if we finish in top 4 mate I'll take it if not then I'm wrong .

5 minutes ago, montheton11 said:

Ok mate your positive attitude in most of your posts is so great to see what do u want to see happen tell me who is out who is in and what style o play you want as your obviously a top manager. Fair doos boo away it helps much

I'd have a positive attitude if we weren't getting shoed by teams two levels below us and not registering a single credible attempt on goal yesterday. That's the reality of this disastrous 'philosophy' and no amount of berating for pointing out those facts will change it. We are already well past the finger out stage for these jobber players.

I want to see GMFC return to its strengths since Imrie took over: aggressive pressing from the front; and a direct approach to getting the ball into and winning it back in dangerous areas in the opposition's defensive half. Yesterday's performance was the exact opposite of that and got the Jonatan Johansson type of result it deserved. 

Edited by vikingTON