The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, Cowshed118 said:

And if he turns up for the second half he could get a move to paisley?

Tbh, until this year, we've had several seasons of failing to turn up for any half, so it's not quite traditional yet.

IMHO it is worth releasing/returning: Gaston; Shankland; Oyenuga; McDonagh; Scullion + some random development squad players at the end of this season. We will need better in goal regardless next season and have just one forward spot to fill with Quitongo, Oliver and Thomson signed up already. Our squad is in a much better state than it was twelve months ago so the onus is on the manager to keep hold of our better players and target improvements for areas where we have fallen short, which given a fully fit squad boils down to the goalkeeper position. 

10 minutes ago, virginton said:

Our squad is in a much better state than it was twelve months ago so the onus is on the manager to keep hold of our better players and target improvements for areas where we have fallen short, which given a fully fit squad boils down to the goalkeeper position. 

O'Ware will be away so that's 10 goals you're going to have to find elsewhere.

10 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

O'Ware will be away so that's 10 goals you're going to have to find elsewhere.

O'Ware is under contract next season. So if he leaves we'll get dosh... then bring in Gunning

The Albert Hotel is running a second bus, details are on the Morton forum. 

This is a real bugbear of mine. Only the Albert ever seem to go to the effort of running a second bus. Surely it's the duty of the official MSC to ensure any fans that want to get to Dundee are provided with a seat? Poor show.

16 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

This is a real bugbear of mine. Only the Albert ever seem to go to the effort of running a second bus. Surely it's the duty of the official MSC to ensure any fans that want to get to Dundee are provided with a seat? Poor show.

They said on twitter last night that there was still seats available on their first bus.

3 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

That's odd cos I know several folk who have been told the bus was full.

Maybe I'm getting them confused with another travel section. If so, as you say that is quite poor.

Edit - It was the MSC travel account tweeted that the Lighthouse still had seats left. That's why I got confused :lol: 

Edited by Scosha

The small squad of players simply ran out of steam. Although having a young squad we shouldn't have fell away in the last 1/4 of the season like we did regardless.

Great nucleus of players that we can build on and hopefully add a little bit of quality. Let's see if the board will back Duffy next season.

The lack of strikers at the start of the season cost us too. At least we'll be better prepared in that department this time round.