The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Funny that given it was And you know he didn't how?

My comment was in relation to VT twisting what happened to rubbish McKeown. I have no strong views on him either way, wouldn't have been my first pick unless the only other option was someone on the way down due to injuries and who had only played 18 game in 2.years.

Oor darren has defo bumped your mrs or something.

Denny Johnston to complete his loan transfer today from Birmingham City, to "bolster the team". It's going to need a hell of a lot more than a bolstering be Christ! Is he any good?

We'll need to wait and see, I guess. From what I can see, though, he's been a fairly highly rated young player.

Need to add something to the defensive side of things very soon though!

Denny Johnston to complete his loan transfer today from Birmingham City, to "bolster the team". It's going to need a hell of a lot more than a bolstering be Christ! Is he any good?

He is. Definitely the sort of player I'd liked to have seen us going for. Big things were predicted for him at Celtic but he just never really kicked on like so many before him. That being said, he's still only 20 and was playing at a decent enough level in English League Two last season. He'll be a huge player for Morton this season.

Right, that's much more like it. Obviously any 20 year old is a gamble to some extent but a highly rated youngster on loan from an English Championship side is worth the risk and he has a better pedigree than the rest of our signings so far. If we can add a holding midfielder and right back of a decent standard we'll be giving ourselves a chance of staying up.

Iain Davidson still available? Reckon he could potentially do a decent job.

Yes and he would be a great addition. Unfortunately it looks like Duffy isn't interested otherwise he would've been on trial already.

Speculative to say the least but some suggesting that we've nicked Johnstone at the last minute.

That would surprise me. We run a shrewd operation down Cappielow way.