The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Considering there is an outside chance of us also winning promotion, I’d hope we take a few thousand through. How many will stay to watch the after party? I'd say none. [emoji14] 

You’ll only get 1600 tickets.

16 minutes ago, Div said:

You’ll only get 1600 tickets.

I can't imagine a great demand from our support that day to be honest, just from talking to mates that have no intention of going to your party. I expect we'll bring maybe 500.

Could see St. Mirren having issues with segregation that day though. Surely if we're bringing a smaller support, you'll want to shift tickets to your own fans and sell the ground out, but the away stand doesn't lend itself well to being segregated with turnstiles at one side of it and fans mixing on the concourse, especially for a game involving two sets of fans who don't get along.

I'm actually intending staying to watch your celebrations though- I've done it at Queeen oof the South in 2002, Airdrie in 2004 and St. Johnstone in 2009 and always felt that watching someone else celebrating makes it more enjoyable when it's your turn. Obviously watching St. Mirren win it won't be much fun, but watching you lot win a race that we were never really in won't be anywhere near as bad as watching Airdrie lift the Second Division trophy the year we threw the title away and the day our failure to go up was confirmed.

Could be Saints v Ton game is moved for the TV according to a fan who enquired about tickets Saints not printing tickets till confirmed. If that happens would hope it's a Sunday. If we get over the line before this game surly you won't tan our ass again ? I could probably just about handle that with us lifting the trophy with Morton fans clapping :P

12 minutes ago, Toby said:

I'm actually intending staying to watch your celebrations though- I've done it at Queeen oof the South in 2002, Airdrie in 2004 and St. Johnstone in 2009 and always felt that watching someone else celebrating makes it more enjoyable when it's your turn.

Good luck with that.

WaitingForGodot.jpg

42 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Could be Saints v Ton game is moved for the TV according to a fan who enquired about tickets Saints not printing tickets till confirmed. If that happens would hope it's a Sunday. If we get over the line before this game surly you won't tan our ass again ? I could probably just about handle that with us lifting the trophy with Morton fans clapping :P

Sounds like a decent compromise, let us thump you 5-0 and we will stay and applaud you lifting the trophy.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 08:21, Gert.T.Fock said:

How many Ton’ fans making the trip on the 2nd last game? Can’t see there being a big away support to be honest...

I assume we'll still be in the play off hunt so there should be a decent crowd there, I'll be there, full of pints as per.

22 minutes ago, M0rtonfc said:

I assume we'll still be in the play off hunt so there should be a decent crowd there, I'll be there, full of pints as per.

Utd keep going they way they are i think you lot might have a good chance at the playoffs,  aside all the "banter" i'd rather you lot came up for another 4 derbies a season

Just now, paisleysaints said:

Considering you play them next and they have two games in hand on you i'd say they do.

And considering that there's still other teams who have to take over us, I'd say there's more pressing concerns than Dundee United. If we drop out of the playoffs, it'll have been someone like Dunfermline, Queen of the South or Inverness that put us out of the position. Not a team who's already in the spots with two games in hand.