The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

I wouldn't say we've been an established second tier team for a long time.

A long time being what, 2 years ago when we were relegated after 7 years in the division?

Ironically if someone can get their hands on one of the withdrawn tops it'd be worth a few quid :lol:

You know I was thinking just that, I have a wee obsession with collecting football tops, so if they ever sell off the rejected ones then mind and let me know 'Ton fans.

Glad to see the fans' reaction has forced the board to reconsider this poor, poor choice of kit.

Unfortunately, this case is pretty indicative of the way most clubs are treated by the big name suppliers (Nike, adidas, Puma, Macron, etc.) and the small businesses that stock their products; you get a bog standard kit outta the catalogue, which is cheaply stamped with stickers for the crest (embroidered if you're lucky) and sponsors, then sold for 40 quid when you could get the off-the-peg-kit without the stickers for half the price.

Switching to smaller brands like hummel, Errea, or Zoo would do much to improve the situation; even Berwick have been getting relatively bespoke kits for years through a smaller, independent brand that listen to the club and caters to their needs and tastes. Ideally, Morton would kick Smith's of Greenock (who only seem to stock trite Nike junk) to the curb and find a different clothing partner; there must surely be at least one brand out there capable and willing to manufacture some hooped tops.

Ideally, Morton would kick Smith's of Greenock (who only seem to stock trite Nike junk) to the curb and find a different clothing partner; there must surely be at least one brand out there capable and willing to manufacture some hooped tops.

Smiths is the local shoes and sports shop. Since the closure of the short-lived Morton Shop in the late 90s it has been the outlet for official club merchandise, whatever the brand.

"Coming up with designs"

It'll be "pick yer favourite from the Nike catalogue"

I, personally, think we should always wear hoops but, if we're not gonna, I didn't see much wrong with that effort apart from the shitty looking iron on badge. Millions might look better than that sponsor as well but if someone's gonna be throwing money at the club to get their product advertised on the front there's not much ye can do about it is there?

The all blue one is the same template as us. It is a very nice kit (tho not a Morton kit IMO).

surely Nike do blue and white hoops? If not, then any one of macron, Pendle sports, Puma, errea or Under Armour do.

Not sure what the obsession with Nike is.

The all blue one is the same template as us. It is a very nice kit (tho not a Morton kit IMO).

surely Nike do blue and white hoops? If not, then any one of macron, Pendle sports, Puma, errea or Under Armour do.

Not sure what the obsession with Nike is.

I always thought there was some form of contract/agreement between clubs & kit manufacturers, guaranteeing demand for the manufacturer & discounted prices for the club. Maybe just making that up though.