The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

6 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

More than happy to sit in the house than spend money watching that guy try play football 

Anyone who still states, with confidence, that Blues isn’t championship standard is just publicising their lack of football understanding. 

Broadfoot was comfortable against the league one teams in pre season, I expect he’ll be as comfortable against them in the cup while Corr recovers. We’ll let you know how he gets on. 

7 minutes ago, Chicken Soup said:

Anyone who still states, with confidence, that Blues isn’t championship standard is just publicising their lack of football understanding. 

Broadfoot was comfortable against the league one teams in pre season, I expect he’ll be as comfortable against them in the cup while Corr recovers. We’ll let you know how he gets on. 

You really rate blues ? Mind boggling 

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

It's a daft phrase that football fans use calling players a 'find' when they were literally playing against us last season.

Hardly scouring the backstreets of Eastern Europe looking for gems.

Ah right - got ye's 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

Every manager Blues has had at Morton has had him as a fixture in the team. Your mind will continue to be boggled as our greatest modern day manager continues to pick him after his latest contract extension. 

I’m sure you know better though. 

2 hours ago, Cowshed said:

More than happy to sit in the house than spend money watching that guy try play football 

Nothing like supporting the team. Batter on. 

43 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Nothing like supporting the team. Batter on. 

You can’t disagree that watching him is severely fkn monotonous I’ll nae doubt get bored and still attend every home and away game but I’ll be on here moaning every time, he just really gets me wound up 

3 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Blues is a good enough player. Nothing special but he knows how to move the ball and how to do his job.

In a competitive league, and with our own limitations as a club, I don't see how we can really complain about having him.

Dougie has kept him for a reason.

16 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

You can’t disagree that watching him is severely fkn monotonous I’ll nae doubt get bored and still attend every home and away game but I’ll be on here moaning every time, he just really gets me wound up 

He's not as bad as folk are making out. He's certainly not good enough to be playing every week. As long as he isn't then I don't mind him being in the squad and making the odd appearance. 

20 minutes ago, ClydeTon said:

Around 2,200, I think.

Could’ve been worse for a ‘friendly’ on a miserable (July!! 😳) evening with Spain v France on the telly…..

Just now, Rudolph Hucker said:

Could’ve been worse for a ‘friendly’ on a miserable (July!! 😳) evening with Spain v France on the telly…..

not a bad crowd but if this is to be a regular match it should be priced better

£18 to watch a match where one of the teams makes 9 substitutions is not on 

As things stand...

-----------Mullen------------

Ballantyne-Baird-Boyes-Delaney

------Wilson-----Blues--------

Moffat------Lyall-----Reynolds

-----------Davies------------

Subs: Woods, Corr, Broadfoot, Gillespie, Bearne, Shaw, Garrity

You could argue about Blues/Gillespie or which side the wingers will play, but must be pretty close.

If we can add e.g. Grimshaw and another striker on loan, that starts to look pretty good... and much better balanced than last season.

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

As things stand...

-----------Mullen------------

Ballantyne-Baird-Boyes-Delaney

------Wilson-----Blues--------

Moffat------Lyall-----Reynolds

-----------Davies------------

Subs: Woods, Corr, Broadfoot, Gillespie, Bearne, Shaw, Garrity

You could argue about Blues/Gillespie or which side the wingers will play, but must be pretty close.

If we can add e.g. Grimshaw and another striker on loan, that starts to look pretty good... and much better balanced than last season.

Add Alex King to that bench as well, I'm sure he's beck in training now 

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Left him out because I think him, Murdoch, and O'Boy will (and should) be out on loan (assuming we manage to bring in another two).

I would personally disagree with King going out on loan. He's had a full season out on loan to gain that matchday experience, and fighting relegation with Clyde will have hopefully been really beneficial to the mental side of his game, but for me he should remain as an option in the squad. Too many times last season we had a player or 2 out injured and we struggled for options, and King has been about the squad a couple of years now, time to show he belongs to be here.

9 minutes ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

I would personally disagree with King going out on loan. He's had a full season out on loan to gain that matchday experience, and fighting relegation with Clyde will have hopefully been really beneficial to the mental side of his game, but for me he should remain as an option in the squad. Too many times last season we had a player or 2 out injured and we struggled for options, and King has been about the squad a couple of years now, time to show he belongs to be here.

Agreed, he's now got around 80 first team games under his belt so the matchday experience argument has probably run dry with King. We're all aware of how talented he can be but now it's time to start showing it consistently at this level.