The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Deserved that, played some nice stuff at points too. Fullbacks and Garrity excellent, entire defence was solid actually after the first few minutes.

Started slow and gave them a couple of chances in the first 10 mins, before coming into the game and then being really in charge for the remainder. Woods with a great save towards the end.

Super Stuperavic with a great penalty

As mentioned, after the first 10 mins or so, fully in control. 

Special mentions to Garrity, Moffat and I thought Ballantyne especially was solid in defence, the back line in general to be fair, but Ballantyne was putting a solid shift in. Samuels looked promising but clearly not match fit....the scoofed shot aside, there's a player there.

Special mention to Woods for that great save and to Stuperavic for a class penalty.

Some "interesting" tackles from Accies, particularly Williamson....

Hopefully build up a nice wee run

Pleasing.

Edited by MORleyTON
Sausage fingers

Well done on last night, fairly easy for you. I wondered, as a supporter of another club celebrating their 150th anniversary this year, did you cut the admission prices at all for the Raith game. I was very impressed by the turnout and can only hope, a forlorn hope really, that we can have a similar crowd for our 150th match (and no one seems to know what that is!)

20 minutes ago, Owsley 2 said:

Well done on last night, fairly easy for you. I wondered, as a supporter of another club celebrating their 150th anniversary this year, did you cut the admission prices at all for the Raith game. I was very impressed by the turnout and can only hope, a forlorn hope really, that we can have a similar crowd for our 150th match (and no one seems to know what that is!)

Don’t think we cut prices as such but we did distribute 1000 free tickets to various charities and schools throughout Inverclyde which definitely pushed the attendance upwards. With us winning and playing well against Raith on the day it’ll hopefully see some returning in future weeks. 

On 12/10/2024 at 14:15, GMFC89 said:

Don’t think we cut prices as such but we did distribute 1000 free tickets to various charities and schools throughout Inverclyde which definitely pushed the attendance upwards. With us winning and playing well against Raith on the day it’ll hopefully see some returning in future weeks. 

We live in hope.

Not sure this type of initiative ever works other than getting a pat in the back and extra pie sales.

I think the cheap access we offer to under 15's at £5 is the best long term policy.

Maybe try giving local 13 YO free season tickets but would require photo on same.