Derek Adams interviewed for Plymouth job

I knew someone was going to come out with that comparing Hitler to Adams patter. Show me where I compared the two. I was using it an example.

An example of what?

Everyone knows you weren't comparing Adams to Hitler, hence the patter.

No-one needs to have met a war criminal of such notoriety to know they're a horrible human being by any objective standard. But an out-of-work football manager to be called a horrible human being, for, presumably, making mistakes, being abrasive in his work and therefore annoying internet fanboys, is a bit OTT. IMO. Which is why I asked my question.

Marc Klok called George and Derek Adams terrible people, but at least he worked under them for a year to make the judgement.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What exactly is George Adams' involvement all about? Wasn't he in charge of youth development at ours while Derek was playing for us?

I think he's better suited to the lower leagues generally, I'm not sure his particular brand of man management is going to be tolerated by those who aren't the sort of players who made up our 1st Division winning side, which was made up of a lot of young players discarded by big teams and clearly just glad to be able to continue as professional players.

Definitely a total w**k though.

What young players would that be from big clubs, Grant Munro, Ross Tokely, Mark Brown or who else did you have in mind?

What young players would that be from big clubs, Grant Munro, Ross Tokely, Mark Brown or who else did you have in mind?

Christ man, please read. I was thinking more Michael Gardyne, Jimmy Scott, Paul Lawson, Scott Boyd who was let go by Partick Thistle, Richard Brittain, hell, even Iain Vigurs: key players in our 1st Division winning season. I get that there's this lazy meme about Adams buying "success", but the massive turnover didn't start until after our first season in the top flight. Before that we'd had a fairly stable squad for a few years. And it was a squad made up largely of players discarded by top flight sides who were hungry to prove their clubs wrong.

So you didn't just miss the point, you managed to include Tokely & Brown who didn't even sign until we got promotion. :1eye

An example of what?

Everyone knows you weren't comparing Adams to Hitler, hence the patter.

No-one needs to have met a war criminal of such notoriety to know they're a horrible human being by any objective standard. But an out-of-work football manager to be called a horrible human being, for, presumably, making mistakes, being abrasive in his work and therefore annoying internet fanboys, is a bit OTT. IMO. Which is why I asked my question.

Marc Klok called George and Derek Adams terrible people, but at least he worked under them for a year to make the judgement.

That would be unfair on Hitler, imo...

I reckon he might do well in this job. Similar to County geographically, it might allow him to build a siege mentality.

Hope he fails though. A pr*ck of a man who always made a clown of himself when he was at TFS

I reckon he might do well in this job. Similar to County geographically, it might allow him to build a siege mentality.

Hope he fails though. A pr*ck of a man who always made a clown of himself when he was at TFS

I thought Plymouth was on the South Coast of England m4?

My favourite Derek Adams moment is his cameo in this video. The weirdness of the town of Dingwall clearly seeped into his soul during this period.

Wasted as a football manager, could have been a great staff sergeant in the Boys Brigade.

Archived