Scott Allan

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers more than likely want him for the Premiership, not the Championship.

Thank god they didn't die, resurrect in the bottom tier, finish behind two teams with significantly smaller budgets in the Championship and then get absolutely obliterated in the playoffs to miss out on the Premiership then, eh?

An extremely reliable source close to Scott Allen has just informed me that Scott's heads really not in it today and all he can think about is securing his dream move to the Rangers. He's quite resentful that Hibs are holding back his career progression. Can see a few stray passes if he starts today.

Rangers more than likely want him for the Premiership, not the Championship. So why not spend any extra cash on another player rather than rush through a potential transfer which does not need to be rushed?....

They only have to wait 4 months and they can sign him on a pre-contract. No need to spend half a million or whatever the price may be.

I think you're missing the point here.

For one thing, it might be dangerous to assume that Rangers will be in the top flight a year from now. It's almost as if you, thepundit, never bloody learn.

The main point however is that what makes Allan so attractive to Rangers right now is that he's a Hibs player. Signing him would gain Rangers a good player while depriving their biggest rivals of their best one.

Getting him would be a big step towards securing the title, even if he's not that massive a hit at Ibrox.

If Hibs can keep him this summer, I'm not convinced that Rangers will be that keen on a pre-contract in January.

Depending on how the table looks though, they might again be interested in trying to sign him for a fee at that stage.

As for Allan' s performance today, in the circumstances I'd be surprised if he's capable of giving more than 107%.

It appears Rangers are struggling to understand what the words "not for sale" means. Bless them, must be hard for them.

The "success" of the previous rangers franchise was built on buying in expensive imports and taking the best players from the other Scottish clubs using a perceived financial muscle which, as we now know, was built on money they didn't actually have. It's not surprising that the new franchise is following the same principles, driven by the demands of a support-base which is largely, probably completely, drawn from supporters of the previous, defunct franchise.

An extremely reliable source close to Scott Allen has just informed me that Scott's heads really not in it today and all he can think about is securing his dream move to the Rangers. He's quite resentful that Hibs are holding back his career progression. Can see a few stray passes if he starts today.

You can't even spell his fucking name properly :lol:

The main point however is that what makes Allan so attractive to Rangers right now is that he's a Hibs player. Signing him would gain Rangers a good player while depriving their biggest rivals of their best one. Getting him would be a big step towards securing the title, even if he's not that massive a hit at Ibrox.

If Hibs can keep him this summer,I'm not convinced that Rangers will be that keen on a pre-contract in January. Depending on how the table looks though, they might again be interested in trying to sign him for a fee at that stage. As for Allan' s performance today, in the circumstances I'd be surprised if he's capable of giving more than 107%.

Yes, I'm aware of the potential motivations as to why Rangers would want to sign Allan right now rather than wait until next summer. The main one obviously being it'll weaken their rivals.

Is that worth spending around half a million on, though? I'd say it wasn't. In my opinion Rangers already have enough quality to finish ahead of Hibs without spending any extra cash. They could save that money and use it bring in another player then sign Allan for free next summer. That, to me, makes better business sense and I'm guessing the Rangers board believe this too. This is why I'm leaning towards the bids being mind games from Rangers.

They might offer around £100k in January but other than that I'm sure they'll be more than happy to wait.

Yes, I'm aware of the potential motivations as to why Rangers would want to sign Allan right now rather than wait until next summer. The main one obviously being it'll weaken their rivals.

Is that worth spending around half a million on, though? I'd say it wasn't. In my opinion Rangers already have enough quality to finish ahead of Hibs without spending any extra cash. They could save that money and use it bring in another player then sign Allan for free next summer. That, to me, makes better business sense and I'm guessing the Rangers board believe this too. This is why I'm leaning towards the bids being mind games from Rangers.

They might offer around £100k in January but other than that I'm sure they'll be more than happy to wait.

You really do never ever learn do you?

You're definitely my favourite one.

Archived