Premier League 2015-16

I know wages play a part but surely even people that dislike Liverpool can see why a manager would want to be in charge of one of the biggest clubs in England?

:lol:

You can see why he'd want it, but equally you can see why he wouldn't. He could see Liverpool as a fantastic challenge with the potential to take them back to being a side who regularly challenge for and win titles, but he could also wait and see what else comes up when there's the potential that between now and the start of next season he could be in the frame for jobs at Juventus, Chelsea, Man City, Bayern Munich or Real Madrid. I'm not saying he'd be the favourite for any of those or that they'll all definitely be looking for new managers, but if they were he'd be a candidate for all of them and he'd be able to start challenging for titles immediately rather than having to go through a massive rebuilding job. Same goes for Ancelotti with some of those clubs.

Wanting a long-term rebuilding project is probably more Klopp's style so he probably will take it, but it's not really unreasonable to suggest the Liverpool job is beneath him. Ancelotti's certainly too good for it.

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way Bayern will go for Klopp. I don't think he's in that category of manager, Liverpool are a perfect size for him.

I'd rather see Liverpool go for someone of a higher calibre like Ancelotti, but he's probably a bit out of their league.

Think you are exaggerating a bit there, it's not as if FSG had a burning desire for Joe Allen or Fabio Borini - they were 100% BR choices as I imagine most (if not all) of the rest were.

As for managers, some very optimistic shouts there. Ancelotti has the pick of any job in the world (beyond Real, Barca and Chelsea) why would he end up at Liverpool when he could go to Bayern next year? Or Man Utd? Or even someone like Juventus? I would be shocked if he'd touch the job with a barge pole. If he wanted to rebuild an ailing giant he'd go to the club in a city he lives, and is already adored in.

Klopp is slightly more realistic but even he might be holding out for Bayern.

The most likely candidates, for me, are Monk, Klinnsman, Martinez or Mazzarri. Otherwise could end up being a relative unknown.

This is going to hurt :lol:

Where's this fallacy that Rodgers didn't pick the players Liverpool bought come from? There may well be a transfer committee in place, but Rodgers had the final say on every single transfer Liverpool made (both bought and sold) during his time in charge. Every player that arrived during his reign was "his" signing. His record in the transfer market - for the vast majority - was horrific.

Where's this fallacy that Rodgers didn't pick the players Liverpool bought come from? There may well be a transfer committee in place, but Rodgers had the final say on every single transfer Liverpool made (both bought and sold) during his time in charge. Every player that arrived during his reign was "his" signing. His record in the transfer market - for the vast majority - was horrific.

Is it a fallacy though? Is there any concrete proof one way or the other. While he clearly wanted Joe Allan and Simon Mignolet the likes of Sahin, Aspas and Assaidi hardly got a chance and you wonder how much say he had over those signings.

the whole "transfer committee" thing was used to defend dalglish iirc by a certain now banned member on here, so good reason it would be used again

Even if he doesn't go to Anfield, I think Klopp's resignation at Dortmund was the final death knell for Rodgers. I think we all felt, yeah Rodgers is OK, but Jurgen Klopp is fucking available, a Liverpool fan, and a bit mental. From that day, I think all Liverpool fans secretly or not, wanted Rodgers sacked before Klopp got another job.

Looks like it's happening .gif.

Even if he doesn't go to Anfield, I think Klopp's resignation at Dortmund was the final death knell for Rodgers. I think we all felt, yeah Rodgers is OK, but Jurgen Klopp is fucking available, a Liverpool fan, and a bit mental. From that day, I think all Liverpool fans secretly or not, wanted Rodgers sacked before Klopp got another job.

Looks like it's happening .gif.

Do you genuinely believe Klopp supports Liverpool? :lol:

Do you genuinely believe Klopp supports Liverpool? :lol:

I can only talk from experience here, but a shit load of folk in Switzerland with no obvious ties to the UK do class themselves as Liverpool fans. I know 4 or 5 off the top of my head. Most of it seems to go back to the late 70's to mid 80's when they actually had a decent side. Man Utd and Arsenal also seem to have large non British fans bases also.

This is going to hurt :lol:

Not at all, Klopp is a great character and it will be good to see him back in football

I think he must have been told, confidentially, he wouldn't be getting the Bayern job - see Beckanbauers reaction to the Liverpool news - so reasoned it was the best he was going to get and won't come with the same pressure of Juventus never mind someone like Madrid. It will come with a huge pay packet though so you can see why he's going for it.

The Ancelotti link is more concerning, for me it's clear he wasn't in for it but if he was and FSG chose Klopp over him then it's a damning indictment of their judgment. Why drive an Audi when you can get an Aston Martin?

the whole "transfer committee" thing was used to defend dalglish iirc by a certain now banned member on here, so good reason it would be used again

I'm sure all clubs have a transfer committee, but Liverpool are the only club who bizarrely publicised it.

The Germans know how to take down a wall.

:lol:

Archived