Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't have a problem with it being news (although im not convinced it's even true). Being gay in itself isn't news, but being the first openly gay Premier League football player is huge news. It might mean nothing to us but i'd imagine it would be a massive milestone for the LGBT community in their search for full acceptance and equality.

It would also be huge news for any other gay players in the Premier League and the world of football who have felt too scared to come out, if they see someone else doing it and getting a good reaction towards it, which i'm sure they would from the majority of teammates, media and fans.

One day footballers coming out as gay won't be news at all, but it can't just be expected to go from having never been done before to not making the front page of newspapers, and it would be silly to think otherwise.

Being gay in itself isn't news, but being the first openly gay Premier League football player is huge news.

Precisely this, if people don't think that there are still stigmas to be broken then they are deluded. Of course it's news, it's massive and I hope it is true, just so it can be done and dusted. It'll also stop the media regurgitating the same headline every few months to shift papers, which is good.

Pops up every now and then, I remember Hitzelsperger came out as gay and the media claimed it would be the start of footballers announcing themselves as gay.

Shouldn't be news in this day and age, but the media will run with it for months unfortunately. Good luck to them if they decide to come out.

No early Scottish game either :( The early games are usually good to watch before you go to your team's match. Sadly not today.

With the time difference they are realistically the only game I can watch. I'm left with Blackburn v Burnley tonight!

Archived