Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite a lot of EPL fanboys are jazzing themselves over the competitiveness of the league in their "best league in the world argument" as if that be default makes it the best because anyone can beat anyone.

Aye, right :lol:

I don't believe that for a second.

Bookies favourite and odds on :(

Whilst it would be funny from a Rangers fans meltdown POV I've not seen any evidence to suggest he could hack it in the Premier League. I actually think that a lot of football fans think Rangers are still a top tier club.

The other 'name' doing the rounds is Brendan Rodgers. Meh!

I'd rather Monk got until January, the squad is paper thin and I don't see anyone else turning things around in the meantime.

Man Citeh up next :(

Sky seem to be ignoring the fact that Cahill, 24, was even on the pitch when Murray scored. Really confused by the analysis of the goal.

You need 2 defending players between the goal and the attacking player to be onside. Usually one would be the keeper but Courtois was well off his line.

You need 2 defending players between the goal and the attacking player to be onside. Usually that would be the keeper but Courtois was well off his line.

Yep, keeper is last line of defence so there needs to be 2 behind him otherwise it's offside.

I remember Hibs scoring one up in Aberdeen that was just ridiculous, sure it was Fletcher when Mixu was the manager.

The Fulham job was easy to distance himself from, as was the QPR job. I'm not sure the Swansea job will be quite as easy to talk down.

It's an absurd situation though. He wasn't turning down top English clubs to come to Rangers, and in six months he's barely done anything other than be somewhat competent compared the previous incumbents. It's not as if Rangers are doing anything over and above the bare minimum just now considering the relative resources.

When we go away to Anfield, I often have a bet on 3-0 Liverpool because that score has happened so regularly over the last few years. Today that seems like unjustified optimism.

At least it will be interesting to see if Siem de Jong is actually any good.

ETA: Although a game live on Sky against a big club means we might see the Moussa Sissoko who plays for France, rather than the imposter who saunters around for us each week.

Less that a decade ago, in games like this where we were a bit sh*t but running hard and fighting for everything against better opposition the noise at SJP would be deafening.

Atmosphere at English grounds has taking a real dip even in the last few years (and it hasn't been great for ages).

Less that a decade ago, in games like this where we were a bit sh*t but running hard and fighting for everything against better opposition the noise at SJP would be deafening.

Atmosphere at English grounds has taking a real dip even in the last few years (and it hasn't been great for ages).

Hard to understand how such a plastic atmosphere exists in "the best league in the world" tbh

*sarcastic smile*

Archived