Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not saying he was shite but he was only ever decent when Aston Villa were spending good money on good players. He's been shite since that all stopped, which has been few years now.

He hardly stands out in a shite Villa team.

He's shite now. Pace has deserted him and the leagues gotten much better overall. Even when they were spending good money on good players he was still one of their better ones and played every week.

This has been one of the worst seasons in the EPL ever, quality wise.

With the teams at the top. Overall as a whole it's most definitely not, the vast improvement in the weaker/middling teams in the league with their new spending power is probably why it's now so close.

What's so close? :unsure:

The league. There's no outstanding team, teams in the EPL don't have to sell their best players now and can also out spend the vast majority of clubs, outwith the top ones, in other European leagues.

Do you firmly believe that this season is how football in the English top flight will continue to be and teams such as Leicester will challenge?

I've no idea what your 'this is why it's so close' comment means otherwise.

I don't just mean Leicester. Teams like Stoke can now attract guys like Bojan and Shaqiri, Everton can turn down offers of £35 million for a young centre half that doesn't even always play, a team that's getting relegated can spend £50 million the January before, a team with players as good as Chelsea can be sitting 11th, Man United can spend the amount they have and still not be guaranteed top 4.

The money that's come into the league and that will be coming into the league will tighten everything up, not saying that teams like Leicester challenging will continue to be the norm but with clubs having so much money now that they can afford to keep their best players, turn down bids plus have the spending power they have then I think that's what will happen and has started to happen.

A team can spend £50m and get relegated - that proves gross negligence, not that the league is closer.

Chelsea have had such a weird season, just as Leicester have. These freak seasons happen everywhere, every year. It doesn't mean the league is closer. Stoke can attract a player in a okay being chucked around Europe to find no suitor? Or Shaqiri, a boy deemed surplus to requirements at his club - again - that doesn't prove the league is getting closer. One team was relegated by the middle of March ffs.

A team can spend £50m and get relegated - that proves gross negligence, not that the league is closer.

Chelsea have had such a weird season, just as Leicester have. These freak seasons happen everywhere, every year. It doesn't mean the league is closer. Stoke can attract a player in a okay being chucked around Europe to find no suitor? Or Shaqiri, a boy deemed surplus to requirements at his club - again - that doesn't prove the league is getting closer. One team was relegated by the middle of March ffs.

Villa are nowhere near the rest. I personally think there's not so much between a lot of the teams now for the reasons I've mentioned, the lower and middling clubs have much more spending power and money now, the gaps not as big as it was, think it's pretty easy to see what's happening, all about opinions.

Agbonlahor was a good player in the league at one stage though. ;)

Jonas Gutierrez wins his disability discrimination claim against Newcastle. I hope he takes the club to the cleaners to be honest. The way the board and management treated him was disgusting.

I've half followed this case and thought it sounded as though he had a good case.

Reading the BBC summary Newcastle are an absolute disgrace, I've never heard a club behave in that manner. How that Charnley guy can stay in a job is beyond me and John Carver is clearly a complete fucking arsehole. I'd never stop supporting my club but if I were a Newcaste fan I'd be thinking twice about spending my money on a club owned and run by people like that.

They don't sell their best players because of the ridiculously over-inflated transfer fees and astronomical wages from all the TV money. It's a hideous bloated mess of a league.

I quite agree that this has been the poorest year for overall quality in a long time.

Closet Man Utd fan......

I've half followed this case and thought it sounded as though he had a good case.

Reading the BBC summary Newcastle are an absolute disgrace, I've never heard a club behave in that manner. How that Charnley guy can stay in a job is beyond me and John Carver is clearly a complete fucking arsehole. I'd never stop supporting my club but if I were a Newcaste fan I'd be thinking twice about spending my money on a club owned and run by people like that.

So that's what Chic's doing now!   :lol:

Swansea set to have an a 'American consortium' buy a controlling interest in the club.

Huw Edwards and the rest of the board are going to make a mint and failed to tell the supporters trust member on the board about it despite talks going on December.

This should go well...

John Carver from all accounts, did next to nothing at Newcastle but hung about long enough to get the job. Obviously none of the players respected him and he got found out. It's some acheivement to make the likes of Sunderland and Villa look functional in comparison.

Just read that myself.  It's heinous behaviour on the part of the football club.  I am, however, not in the slightest bit surprised it was Newcastle that behaved like that.

Archived