Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mourinho will be a horrific appointment.

Fergie should be on a plane to Madrid and not leave without Simeone.

Because Simeone is well known for getting his team to play swashbuckling football.

He's La Liga's Mourinho and would be lambasted over here, too.

Because Simeone is well known for getting his team to play swashbuckling football.

He's La Liga's Mourinho and would be lambasted over here, too.

Atletico can play can play some good stuff, look at some of the players he's managed to get in after losing one just as good. He has an eye for a player and uses his youth system. Good fit for me.

Been away from here for a while, but this has been the first season where I've had a season ticket for an EPL club. Made it to 17 of Sunderland's 19 home games this season, and whilst the football has been mostly ropey to say the least, it's always a good day our. And we beat Newcastle. Again. And then relegated them. Which was nice. 

Reading in the Cup final thread about Hibs fans describing the joy of Gray's last minute winner, and although not on the same scale of importance in terms of a trophy win, I can almost understand the emotion. When Defoe scored the winner v Chelsea in the 3-2 game near the end of the season, I've never experienced anything quite like the noise and mayhem that ensued. Crowd was still on a high after Borini's goal three minutes earlier, but that was just something else. It's one of those goals I watch over and over again and still get a lump in my throat. 

A few decent signings, and we should be comfortably mid-table next season, I'm fed up with having to turn into Real Madrid every May after playing like Accrington Stanley up until then.  :P

Atletico can play can play some good stuff, look at some of the players he's managed to get in after losing one just as good. He has an eye for a player and uses his youth system. Good fit for me.

He thrives on being the underdog though and this is what inspires his team - Would be a different scenario with Man Utd as they are the biggest club in the country. Could still work wonders there of course bus so can Mourinho.

The BBC have gone from confirming Mourinho will take over, to then saying LVG was sacked and now Mourinho is in talks with Man Utd now. What a fracas.

The Manchester Utd/Mourinho hook up seems inevitable. Its like two people who don't really like each other but can't wait to get in the sack. Short term it'll be fun, performance will be great but despite his promises to change, it'll all end in tears. Should be entertaining to watch. :lol:  

My limited exposure to Simeone's Atletico teams has enthralled me so much I would hate it if he were to end up at Man United. Send him to Arsenal when Wenger packs it in. At least when he turns them into a bunch of rabid cloggers who kick anything that moves to win it would be somewhat entertaining. Plus he might create an atmosphere in their stadium for the first time since it was opened.

He thrives on being the underdog though and this is what inspires his team - Would be a different scenario with Man Utd as they are the biggest club in the country. Could still work wonders there of course bus so can Mourinho.

The BBC have gone from confirming Mourinho will take over, to then saying LVG was sacked and now Mourinho is in talks with Man Utd now. What a fracas.

The coverage by the BBC of the van Gaal situation has been very tabloid like in nature.  Today we get a wee story about how the club paid for a private jet for him on Monday - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36367127

The coverage by the BBC of the van Gaal situation has been very tabloid like in nature.  Today we get a wee story about how the club paid for a private jet for him on Monday - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36367127

The BBC, especially Phil McNulty, is totally obsessed with United. There are lots of silly articles on trivialities. It was also obsessed with Mourinho and his spat with the physio. It's a heavenly match for the Salford hacks.

ETA - The next obsession will be Giggs and Mourinho. Then it will be the players who will leave or be punted. It's the new Manchester soap opera.

The BBC, especially Phil McNulty, is totally obsessed with United. There are lots of silly articles on trivialities. It was also obsessed with Mourinho and his spat with the physio. It's a heavenly match for the Salford hacks.

ETA - The next obsession will be Giggs and Mourinho. Then it will be the players who will leave or be punted. It's the new Manchester soap opera.

The BBC and Sky's match reports have become unreadable for a while now.  If it isn't pretend tactical insights (thank you very much Jonathan Wilson) it's inane tabloid nonsense.  

The BBC and Sky's match reports have become unreadable for a while now.  If it isn't pretend tactical insights (thank you very much Jonathan Wilson) it's inane tabloid nonsense.  

This is typical nonsense - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36368418.

"Speaking on BBC Two's Victoria Derbyshire programme, Guardian sports writer Jonathan Wilson says that former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is a "pragmatic" but not a "progressive" coach and that his methods may be "routed in the early 2000s"."

They worked last season, Jonathan. He won La Liga in 2012.

Most football journalists, even in the so-called "serious" press, don't have a clue.  :thumbsdown

This is typical nonsense - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36368418.

"Speaking on BBC Two's Victoria Derbyshire programme, Guardian sports writer Jonathan Wilson says that former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is a "pragmatic" but not a "progressive" coach and that his methods may be "routed in the early 2000s"."

They worked last season, Jonathan. He won La Liga in 2012.

Most football journalists, even in the so-called "serious" press, don't have a clue. :thumbsdown

And what's worse, they state it so confidently that it's impossible to disprove it.

Archived