Gartcairn Juniors FC 2015/2016

Gartcairn Army

The young boy who came of for Gartcairn was fantastic. Especially only being 15! Great to see that! Well done Gartcairn for giving the young boy a chance and hopefully continue to bring young guys like that through! Personally, I think that's the way forward for use in the future. Having experience and youth.

Believe forth hands down deserved the victory today, regardless of the goal being offside or not. I believe if the Gartcairn lads had a full team out then the game would have been different. Work rate and determination have took forth closer than ever of getting that promotion place and hopefully they can do it.

On that muppets comment, shouldn't take any notice from it. Can't tar Gartcairn fan base on the actions of one clowns comments. Slagging players for celebrating a fantastic double win over a top junior side "in my oppinion"

Every game is a cup final for Forth, and rightly so they deserve to celebrate if they are fortunate enough to get the win.

No doubt get an idiotic response from the Zoomer.

Playing the young boys from academy way to go so will give Gartcairn that great to see

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha my team game was off today- deduce from that who my team is. I saw the Gartcairn boys all standing dressed in black at half time. I walked to toilet and in for a drink and nothing was laid out for them and walking back the quote "there's nothing been put on for them food or drink wise" was said. As I said, I paid a fiver in and a quid for a can of juice. I paid my money I'll say my piece. You don't like it? That's just tough.

hospitality is at full time dick head

I have watched the thread on Gartcairn all season and it is laughable from all angles. I thought I would take some time this morning to post about the real Gartcairn and hopefully this clears up some of the shite and negativity that has been shown recently.

I have absolutely no affiliation with the club what so ever. I have been an Airdrie fan all my days which my profile and posting history clearly shows. I have no reason to lie but you guys can believe what you will here and pick faults where ever you want. I have been nothing but a respectful poster to others (unless they are complete and utter bams).

First of all Gartcairn are separately funded from the academy despite what pish people are spouting on here. They are however working hard to breed players into the junior squad from the youth set ups. This of course is a long term vision and we have already seen a few come on in games. I have no doubts we will see plenty more in the future as well. Gartcairn have a long term goal but people just seem to think that it is nothing more than spunk loads of cash and buy their way to the top. This is nonsense and if anyone actually took the time to sit and chat with the guys they would see this.

On the subject of Gartcairn spend loads of cash and have some size of team again this is absolute bollox. Yes one or two players were brought in on a little higher wage than what might be seen as the norm but this was done for the long term future. McManus was to help coach the youngsters which he has done and this was another long term investment. Pollock was a local lad brought in for the long term to again help the players along who are not as experienced as himself. These didn’t work out sadly but that happens in football. What I will say is what players have been brought in to replace them? In the last few months what big wages have been spent? Goal scorers since Mcmanus left are who? Jordan Rennie a young local lad, Yami who came in on a free transfer, Harty the club captain and Woodlock a loan signing from wishaw. Show me were the big money is being spent. I can assure you that although at the start of the season one or two players were on what may be above the “norm†in this division Gartcairn’s wage bill is not even close to what people think it is.

People can moan all they like about the number of players moved on and to an extent I agree that it can have an impact on proceedings. Gartcairn tried to stay as loyal as they could by giving a few of the amateur players a chance to step up. Unfortunately it didn’t work out and rather than being left in the doldrums they were granted their release along with others who didn’t wish to remain at the club. Gartcairn tried their best in their rookie season and although it didn’t work out I don’t think they did wrong by anyone and will certainly learn over time.

As far as the managers go I do not know why they decided to call it a day at Gartcairn but I have no wish to find out it is not a question I need an answer to. For those who are interested though all they have to do is ask. As far as new managers go the rumours spread on here were ridiculous even when the mangers themselves stated they were not approached about the job. 

The posters on here that are “associated†with Gartcairn I do not know who they are except RTG, RRM and Army. I took in my first Gartcairn game only a month ago as I have stopped going to watch Airdrie (that’s another story) but as a local lad I did know a good bit about the club beforehand. I got to chat to these guys though and they answered any questions I wanted to know the answers to. They are nice guys and deserve respect for what they are doing. The have time and time again offered guys the chance to come and chat to them at games and can put the record straight on matters. The other posters I do not know and some of them already are looking like roasters I agree but this is an anonymous football forum. Sadly it happens loads and will continue to happen to all clubs supporters. I don’t really know anyone on the junior forum but I have seen a fair few posters making an arse of themselves at times. It happens. I have made an arse of myself on P&B plenty times over the years. Probably doing it again.

People seem to want to get offended for the sake of getting offended on here with loads of things and Gartcairn seem to be one reason people seem to be getting wound up. These guys have a job to do and they are generating as much publicity as they can and they are using P&B to do so. If you read a lot of what was said its tongue in cheek and not serious but people can’t help themselves. Things have been explained but it still doesn’t seem to help. Things like the McManus signing. Gartcairn were not even accepted into the junior game yet but they were making a head start on preparations. How could they say they were signing players before even being an official junior club? Smart idea though to build as early as possible but that wasn’t good enough for folk to accept.

I could go on and on but like I say you guys can believe what you want I am not going to argue and argue over points. Like I say up till last month I hadn’t even been to a game nor was I interested. Now I have found out for myself though I wish Gartcairn all the best and I do hope they achieve their goals. I whole heartedly agree mistakes have been made and some choices I didn’t agree with. Every club will make mistakes especially newer clubs. Is there things that could or should be done differently? Of course there is but is there many positives to be taking as well? Definitely.

Gartcairn are not the club people seem to think they are and I urge you guys to find out for yourself. I did a similar thing with Pollok. Listened and read all the negative stuff about the club and manager. I went there a few times doing reports for the Junior Info and I have to say that a nicer club they could not have been. I have the up most respect for the club and McInally was bang on as well. It’s easy to listen to rumours and gossip but best finding out for yourselves guys.

The dignity you speak of is certainly pishing out of you lot

Our facilities and park are as good as we can make them mate no other teams fans come on her and have a bad word to say about them

Just sore losers mate and all I'm doing is sticking up for the crap getting said about our committee and supporters as there was not one bad word said to anyone

Get a grip and dry your eyes you've been in the league 5 mins and your spouting rubbish like that

For what it is worth, I'd far rather watch a game at Forth than one with an artificial surface. Would have been there yesterday but the covered area at Shotts tipped the scales, given the weather forecast.

Bannana Ive no idea who you are but if you could please simmer down and stop talking nonsense it would be very much appreciated.

Diamond for life, great post and very much appreciated.

I would like to personally thank the guys at Forth and wish them all the very best for the rest of the season, as ive stated before they are the best team we have played and i really hope Jamie in his players can go and win the league.

For what it is worth, I'd far rather watch a game at Forth than one with an artificial surface. Would have been there yesterday but the covered area at Shotts tipped the scales, given the weather forecast.

Forth has a covered area now as part of the stadium redevelopment

I have just read all this crap about hospitality at Forth just to set you straight spoke to Martin Harty and asked him how

many committee men Gartcairn had he told me 6 my wife and myself run the pie hut we laid out 12 cups +plate of mixed

biscuits and large pot of tea for half time what every visiting team receive i spoke to one of the committee from

Gartcairn and tolÄ him about coming in at half time after time up both teams got pies,sausage rolls, pizzas, and

lentil soup also when tidying up there were 3 Gartcairn members still in visitors dressing room and offered them some

sausage rolls that were left which they took also Gartcairn manager came in and asked for tea which he got long before game started we only have 5 committee members and 2 were on holiday, think I've said enough

I have just read all this crap about hospitality at Forth just to set you straight spoke to Martin Harty and asked him how many committee men Gartcairn had he told me 6 my wife and myself run the pie hut we laid out 12 cups +plate of mixed biscuits and large pot of tea for half time what every visiting team receive i spoke to one of the committee from Gartcairn and tolÄ him about coming in at half time after time up both teams got pies,sausage rolls, pizzas, and lentil soup also when tidying up there were 3 Gartcairn members still in visitors dressing room and offered them some sausage rolls that were left which they took also Gartcairn manager came in and asked for tea which he got long before game started we only have 5 committee members and 2 were on holiday, think I've said enough

What kind of biscuits?

As club captain a feel a need to come on here and set a few things straight. Nobody from our club had a problem at forth on sat these guys who hide behind names on here are jokers simple we don't claim to b better than anybody else coz were not and I've been in the game for 18 year and wld never disrespect my fellow players so anything that gets posted on here is from halfwits who have nothing to do with club we have a hard working committee who might have made mistakes but are tryin to rectify it and a bunch on honest players who don't think they are any better than the boys we play against and regards to money forth were paying me more than Gartcairn are so the talk of throwing daft money about is a lot of nonsense all the best to every single team in the league

As club captain a feel a need to come on here and set a few things straight. Nobody from our club had a problem at forth on sat these guys who hide behind names on here are jokers simple we don't claim to b better than anybody else coz were not and I've been in the game for 18 year and wld never disrespect my fellow players so anything that gets posted on here is from halfwits who have nothing to do with club we have a hard working committee who might have made mistakes but are tryin to rectify it and a bunch on honest players who don't think they are any better than the boys we play against and regards to money forth were paying me more than Gartcairn are so the talk of throwing daft money about is a lot of nonsense all the best to every single team in the league

Is that the longest sentence without punctuation in P&B history ?

Good post pal.

Archived