Yet another US shooting

More than 50 confirmed dead......fucking hell.  There will be calls again for gun control in America but if it wasn't going to happen after the Sandy Hook shootings then I doubt we'll see any change now.

Confirmed shooter - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stephen-paddock-las-vegas-gunman-shooting-police-identify-white-male-latest-update-a7978361.html

Edited by Mackie The Staggie

25 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

More than 50 confirmed dead......fucking hell.  There will be calls again for gun control in America but if it wasn't going to happen after the Sandy Hook shootings then I doubt we'll see any change now.

False flag... Mossad... Liberals... nobody died... there were no planes... etc.  Let's play Loonball Conspiracy Theorist Bingo.  

11 minutes ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Confirmed shooter - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/stephen-paddock-las-vegas-gunman-shooting-police-identify-white-male-latest-update-a7978361.html

Apparently the guy had a rake of other weapons and ammunition in his hotel room. Obviously "at least" 50 people killed is horrendous but given how well stocked he was the number of dead could have been even higher.

3 hours ago, The OP said:

Apparently a lot of people on a whatsapp group chat I'm in could've been caught up in this because (unusually) they've been to Vegas in the last decade.

One of my best mates is flying out today with his girlfriend for her 30th birthday.

24 minutes ago, throbber said:

Not sure how someone can kill over 50 people at a public event and the police can say its not a terrorist attack so quickly. 

Because terrorism is a distinct and definable act.   It isn't simply terrifying people.  The problem is not necessarily the ethnic split between "lone wolves" (although the red tops in this country clearly play this angle, as the Daily Mail online proves)  and terrorists, but the overuse of the word terrorism to the point of meaninglessness.  

His motivations were still likely political though  for a greater cause, you don't go shooting that many people without trying to make some form of statement or create fear which is what a terror attack is basically. 

Or he could just be an absolute scrambling for relevance loonball. Not unusual with mass shootings.

2 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

So not the Abdul Al Muhammad type name that many saddos in the media were inevitably 'hoping' for.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

His motivations were still likely political though  for a greater cause, you don't go shooting that many people without trying to make some form of statement or create fear which is what a terror attack is basically. 

Sorry I'm being a bit facetious throbber, basically what Hedgecutter said. White man name = Not terrorist. 

1 minute ago, throbber said:

Not sure its quite as simple as that, Breviks attack in Norway still goes down as terrorism. Theres no way of knowing right now that this guy in Vegas didn't have a similar agenda and was doing it as a protest against the number of Muslims in the country. He was more than likely just a guy who had lost the plot and wanted to go out in style though sadly. 

Again, I realise this, I'm portraying the general media and societal reaction. 

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Sociopaths / psychopaths (the terms are interchangeable) tend to be less intelligent than the general population.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2118547-real-life-psychopaths-actually-have-below-average-intelligence/

If the cap fits Granny...

That description could be Donald Trump.