Yet another US shooting

Just now, Rugster said:

Must be some holiday you're having, you've spent the majority of the day posting on here. Your family are probably happy though.

It's either that or speaking to the missus.

FYI sitting on the hotel room balcony overlooking the marina drinking semi-sec cava and eating a Snickers.

23 minutes ago, throbber said:

The gun that the guy had access to surely isn't a weapon that is available to buy in the US? All the shootings you hear of are usually hand guns and the shootings are close range, the shooter was a long way from the crowd here. 

He apparently was firing from his hotel room down to the crowd, from the video's he was clearly using a fully automatic weapon, which are apparently legal as long as they weren't made after 1986(seriously what the f**k?) So it seems he was just spraying rounds at the crowd, no wonder we have so many deaths/injuries. 

_98105062_mandalay_bay_hotel_shooting_640map_v2-nc.png

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

He apparently was firing from his hotel room down to the crowd, from the video's he was clearly using a fully automatic weapon, which are apparently legal as long as they weren't made after 1986(seriously what the f**k?) So it seems he was just spraying rounds at the crowd, no wonder we have so many deaths/injuries. 

Makes me wonder why any  pre-1986 are banned. In case they are rusty and stop the mad fuckers firing? 

10 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

_98105062_mandalay_bay_hotel_shooting_640map_v2-nc.png

I'm glad you got up to explain all this.

10 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

How does someone go about smuggling 10 guns into a hotel room. f**k sake US need to get their shit together pronto. No more guns please.

Get a grip.  They have porters in hotels like this.

27 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

.Surprising that this attack targeted this group of people though given Aldean et al being proponents of pro gun lobby etc.

We don't know the motivations of the shooter, we may never know if he had any specific motivation.  I do doubt that someone would think "well, I'm going to kill a few hundred people with my automatic rifle, but I'll steer clear of a concert headlined by someone who is against gun control."  

How does someone go about smuggling 10 guns into a hotel room. f**k sake US need to get their shit together pronto. No more guns please.

I imagine he had them in a bag.   Not sure this one is on the hotel security.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We don't know the motivations of the shooter, we may never know if he had any specific motivation.  I do doubt that someone would think "well, I'm going to kill a few hundred people with my automatic rifle, but I'll steer clear of a concert headlined by someone who is against gun control."  

I imagine he had them in a bag.   Not sure this one is on the hotel security.

Would imagine even the average thick American would be a little worried if an individual walked into a hotel with guns in full sight and asked for a suite on the 3rd floor.

But then this is America so wouldn't be that surprised if they walked on or even offered assistance.

They say you get the society you deserve.

Right now the US has a society were something like this will barely make any meaningful impression in politics and the President is an illiterate buffoon.

I have friends over there and everyone is just in a state of complete depression and hopelessness.  There is absolutely no opposition to  the religious and alt right and the country is going to the dogs at a rate of knots.

ISIS have released a statement on their Amaq news agency claiming responsibility for the Las Vegas shooting.  Says the shooter converted to Islam a few months ago.

No evidence offered for the claim.

Edited by ICTChris

I always say that the best people to follow regarding these things are @ShirazMaher and @rcallimachi on Twitter.  The former has posted about this claim - says the best thing to do at this point is to verify the source of the claim.  Has it come from the same place as previous, verified claims, or is it false?  If it comes from genuine ISIS links then there could be something to it.

Rukmini tweeted last night about the recent knife attack in Marsielles.  She pointed out that Isis don't claim everything - there was an attack in Edmonton at the weekend where an attacker with an ISIS flag rammed a police checkpoint and got out and stabbed a policeman.  He escaped, was captured hours later and is now in custody.  He's previously been questioned by Canadian security services as a risk.  ISIS haven't claimed that one.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

ISIS have released a statement on their Amaq news agency claiming responsibility for the Las Vegas shooting.  Says the shooter converted to Islam a few months ago.

On a similar note I'd like to claim sole responsibility for PSG's 3-0  win over Bayern , bringing the Columbian Government and Farc to  the negotiating table and writing the good bits in Hamlet

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)