Yet another US shooting

5 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Wouldn't it be great if after all this time it turned out the Second Amendment contained a typo and when they were talking about "the right to bear arms" they actually meant being able to wear short sleeves in hot weather?

everyone-has-the-right-to-bear-arms-25250128.png

There's no doubt that if the guy hadn't been able to shoot from the 32nd floor then the devestation wouldn't have been as bad.  Guns don't kill people, high buildings kill people.

BTW despite my various criticisms in the politics thread I now realise that the USA deserve Trump.

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

There's no doubt that if the guy hadn't been able to shoot from the 32nd floor then the devestation wouldn't have been as bad.  Guns don't kill people, high buildings kill people.

BTW despite my various criticisms in the politics thread I now realise that the USA deserve Trump.

There hasn't been an attack quite like this before as we are used to a gunman or gunmen running into crowds and killing as many people as possible whilst knowing they will get gunned down themselves but this attack is worse because its obvious that people don't know where the bullets are coming from and don't know where to run. If you have 3 or 4 synchronised gunmen firing into any busy street then imagine the damage that could be done and how long it could take for the situation to be resolved?

Imagine if there were 3 or 4 nutters shooting from that balcony? Would have been carnage. Still don’t quite understand how he waltzed into a hotel room with 10 firearms though, especially ones of supposed military grade.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

Still don’t quite understand how he waltzed into a hotel room with 10 firearms though, especially ones of supposed military grade.

Its 'Murica, a Muslim would have turned more heads walking into that hotel than a Good Ole Boy with an arsenal.

Why? Have you ever had your suitcases searched by a hotel when you check in?

Nope, but if I had to make repeated trips up and down numerous floors to carry black, heavy cases full of assault rifles and ammunition, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone clocked onto what I was doing and thinking it was a bit weird.

Why? Have you ever had your suitcases searched by a hotel when you check in?

I’m surprised with a hotel of that size that they don’t have some security measures though, considering it is the states. I was certain some hotels had scanners like you would get at the airport. That will obviously have to be looked into now, what’s to stop a copy cat event like this coming up soon?

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Nope, but if I had to make repeated trips up and down numerous floors to carry black, heavy cases full of assault rifles and ammunition, I wouldn’t be surprised if someone clocked onto what I was doing and thinking it was a bit weird.

Broken down they wouldnt require that many suitcases and remember he was in the hotel for 3 days prior to the shooting,so probably took them over that time

7 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Most semi and fully automatic rifles fold up. a couple of biggish sports holdalls would do it. Not sure what the colour has to do with it.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I have. But not in America.

Got a suspicious look when they clocked an ornament I had pilfered from one of their sister hotels in another city.

Travelodge have clocks?

Broken down they wouldnt require that many suitcases and remember he was in the hotel for 3 days prior to the shooting,so probably took them over that time

Fair enough. Where was he getting them from though? If the weapon used was actually military grade; where could a supposed civilian source them from?

Surely if it was that easy to smuggle weapons into hotels, it would have been done in the UK by now as well?

Or maybe our gun laws prevent those types of weapons getting into the hands of civilians in most cases...

9 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Fair enough. Where was he getting them from though? If the weapon used was actually military grade; where could a supposed civilian source them from?

Surely if it was that easy to smuggle weapons into hotels, it would have been done in the UK by now as well?

Or maybe our gun laws prevent those types of weapons getting into the hands of civilians in most cases...

Military grade is a term used for loads of readily available to buy machine guns etc in most gun stores,it makes people think they are getting something better

Loads of guns been in hotel rooms here aswell without anybodys knowledge.Didnt a terrorist from an incident in london this year been staying in a hotel for few days prior??

Edited by doulikefish

Some chat that he didn't even have an automatic weapon but rather a semi auto with a legal modification that makes close to automatic.

If that turns out to be true it's absolutely mental that you can buy something like that for a few dollars.

6 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Are you deliberately asking daft questions? Gun culture and availability is hardly out of the ordinary.