Yet another US shooting

3 hours ago, placidcasual said:

How the f**k can the NRA and the rest of the opponents of gun control justify owning these?

Two hundred years ago plus many of their ancestors forged out into the wilderness to tame a continent, and unfortunately many Americans still have an atavistic view of themselves as being outdoorsy frontiersmen.

Their great folkloric figure is the cowboy, and regardless of whether they work in an office 9-5,  a good proportion of them will resort to stumbling about the countryside drunk of a weekend blasting f**k out of white-tailed deer and living out their fantasy self-image.

As somebody said earlier, after Sandy Hook any hope of the NRA showing a bit of rationality went out the window.

Edited by Hillonearth

Just now, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

The other side's guns did not.

It has to be brought up when dealing with the type of stats that the pro-gun control people trot out.

Not really sure where the British Army get their guns tbh.

49 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Most of the difference with other developed nations is due to our black gang population. Take them out and our murder rates are much, much closer to Europe. Gun control isn't going to take guns out of the hands of black gangs, just like it doesn't keep the IRA from owning guns. Organized criminals will always get guns. We have a higher percentage of our population involved in organized gangs.

Honestly.........just leave this forum you are an absolute weapon.

64 year old accountants in Scotland can't get weed or hookers. That's roughly the level of work it would take to get a gun in the US if they were banned tomorrow. 
And as you all should know, guns aren't the only way to kill dozens if that's what you set out to do. 
Again, gun control would stop domestic violence and accidents, which are a huge percentage of shootings in America. A guy determined to be a mass murderer is going to be able to do it no matter what the laws.

Most civilised countries have gun control laws to make this kind of thing harder to achieve. Obviously you can't guarantee it won't ever happen, but surely you have to make it as difficult as possible. Your views are incredibly backward.

Has this been pointed out before? I never read the politics forum.

This is his second reincarnation.
It doesn't say much about life in the US of A when trolling this place becomes so important.

50 minutes ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

2. Americans are scared of criminals because our criminals are basically the most violent people on earth, which is mainly due to the fact that the majority of them carry guns due to us having such fucking ridiculous laws associated with owning one.

Fixed that for you 

12 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Funded them. Plenty of irish american business men chucking money in and all the merry irish bars in Boston and the like having whip rounds for 'the cause' etc.

Not only that, along with Libya the USA was the main place where IRA guns were manufactured and purchased. I understand the Mexican cartels (who I think were alluded to at one point) also get a lot of their guns from the USA.

I have taught in 2 of the worst areas of Chicago and I've never felt threatened by "black gangs", actually never felt unsafe TBF. Maybe uncomfortable driving through there being a "have" in about so much "have not".

Oh and I don't own a gun, there isn't one in my household, and I feel no need of one.

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I hate to be this snobbish but honestly the minter of a guy handed all the privileges of being born straight, white and male who ends up working as a delivery driver holding those views on racial superiority.

I suspect the only times he encounters a delivery driver is when his boss tells him to go to reception and sign for some stationary supplies.

I get I'm probably being a moron but how can they know that an attack is inspired by their propaganda or whatever means their using now? 

Quite a lot of the attackers join Telegram channels to discuss Isis and attacks etc. So he might have told someone if he was going to do it rather than having actively worked on a plan with help from Syria/Iraq.

One of the attackers brothers has said that he wasn't a gun nut or even interested in them. Apparently his dad was a convicted bank robber, a diagnosed psychopath who had been on the FBIs most wanted.

His neighbours have said he was a weirdo because he was so quiet.