Yet another US shooting

4 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

from Rusty the redneck who was at the show and speaking on radio 4 this morning. “The biggest problem for me and for many was that we didn’t hear anybody returning fire. I’m very concerned that we had no one outside to protect us. Unfortunately for me being unarmed and unable to do a whole lot decided it was time to get out of there.”  These fuds all think they are John Rambo.

Because as we all know, if a redneck had been there with his handcannon, he would have been able to use his spidey senses to detect the gunman before he could get a shot off and headshot him from half a mile away without even aiming. 

(Although in reality what would have happened is a bunch of idiots blind firing at a building and probably wounding if not killing loads of innocents in their hotel rooms)

9P6ug1S.gif

1 hour ago, Jimmy85 said:

It's now reached the stage where the bigger morons are those biting to the guy pretending to be American.  Do us all a favour and just fucking ignore it. 

Problem is, if somebody genuinely comes on here for a genuine discussion of these issues, the complete nonsense spouted by two posters needs to be challenged.    It detracts from the thread, but unless everyone puts them on ignore, or doesn't quote them, it's very hard to avoid the thread getting derailed.  

3 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

There was a time when these incidents used to shock me but that time has long since past. Nothing will change, guns and gun culture are ingrained into their society. Reckon we should just leave them to it and let them shoot up the whole fucking country. Stupid c***s!

I am thinking we need to expand on one of Trumps ideas. A Wall.

Not on the Mexican-American border to keep Mexicans out but all the way round the US to keep the pyscho Americans in and let them just blow each other away.

29 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Problem is, if somebody genuinely comes on here for a genuine discussion of these issues, the complete nonsense spouted by two posters needs to be challenged.    It detracts from the thread, but unless everyone puts them on ignore, or doesn't quote them, it's very hard to avoid the thread getting derailed.  

This sort of right wing nonsense is hard not to bite to as well: 

Terror.jpg

Is the "American" boy on here not really in Gourock/Greenock or somesuch shithole?

It's the previously multi-banned Morton fan Swampy, who I believe did genuinely move to the states. He met a bird through World of Warcraft or something, I assume he's been binned hence this quite remarkable mental break.

11 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is the "American" boy on here not really in Gourock/Greenock or somesuch shithole?

Is the consensus not that TheProgressiveLiberal is Swampy, who was from Greenock but moved to the USA?

It's all extremely boring.

31 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

It's the previously multi-banned Morton fan Swampy, who I believe did genuinely move to the states. He met a bird through World of Warcraft or something, I assume he's been binned hence this quite remarkable mental break.

Swampy, of course, who lurched from staunch nationalist to radical libertarian to borderline Nazi.  

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Trying to argue with Americans on Twitter who are calling themselves “Peaceful gun owners” is a bit of an uphill struggle tbh when their arguments seem to be along the lines of “Cars and lorries can kill people too, why not ban them?” The most annoying thing is that they would be the first people demanding that action must be taken if it was a Muslim attacker despite the absolute minute number of Americans that have been killed in Muslim terror attacks since 9/11 (which probably wasn’t Muslims anyway). Toddlers shooting adults being a bigger killer and also adults accidentally shooting themselves by looking down the barrel of a gun and pulling the trigger to investigate what is wrong with their gun being a common killer there also. It seriously is just an impossible argument to have with some people.

Also the killer had gambling transactions that were in the tens of thousands although it was unclear whether they were wins or losses for him. Maybe he had a massive win and decided to go on a killing spree with the winnings in an attempt to go down as the biggest gun killer in US history, or just took out his massive loss on a large bunch of people. Either way it seemed like he gave the killing quite an amount of planning.

:lol: Surely not?

15 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Nineteen fucking rifles, tripods and sights plus he rented two rooms.

This doesn't sound like a whimsical decision.

"Excuse me, when he checked into the hotel, did anything seem a little odd?"

"No, not really."

"Are you sure?"

"Oh hang on.  I see where you are coming from.  Nineteen is not an even number.  Is that what you mean?" 

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Who's the other one?

I heard a statistic thrown out during a discussion on the Las Vegas massacre on the radio - there are 900 million guns in the world, 300 million of which are in the USA. So 1 country has 1/3 rd of the world's guns.

5 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

Most of our murders involve petty gangsters feuding with each other or drug turf wars, no matter how many relatives feed the papers the old "quiet boy/heart of gold" line.

Scotland's had one mass shooting in our history - one! - and it forced a fundamental change in the laws involving handgun ownership throughout the UK.

America's had 1516 mass shootings in the last 1735 days. The solution?

More guns.

"But ma 2nd amendment says..."

T3hgCE6.gif

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I heard a statistic thrown out during a discussion on the Las Vegas massacre on the radio - there are 900 million guns in the world, 300 million of which are in the USA. So 1 country has 1/3 rd of the world's guns.

They also spend 600 billion dollars every year on defense.

600 billion..

3 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

It's now reached the stage where the bigger morons are those biting to the guy pretending to be American.  Do us all a favour and just fucking ignore it. 

This X 100.

I've suggested this on a number of occasions on the politics forum but there's a number of sad c***s who keep responding then expressing faux anger/astonishment at his posts.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

This X 100.

I've suggested this on a number of occasions on the politics forum but there's a number of sad c***s who keep responding then expressing faux anger/astonishment at his posts.

ffs if you take away the morons on the politics forum you'd have to shut it down.