Yet another US shooting

3 minutes ago, The OP said:

Dunno, are we talking black female heads, Muslim female heads or Scottish female heads here? 

All.  I'd assume how much trouble an increase in female headed households will cause for the mall offspring, and society as a whole, probably varies based on race / culture, even if you hold class constant. However I can't say it's something I've looked into.  

1 minute ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

All.  I'd assume how much trouble an increase in female headed households will cause for the mall offspring, and society as a whole, probably varies based on race / culture, even if you hold class constant. However I can't say it's something I've looked into.  

So in your opinion if we plot race/culture against total numbers of mall offspring versus number of guns per 107 female blacks do the figures make any sense?

The British immigrationdepartment is missing a trick here.
With all the Europeans going home because of Brexit they could take advantage of disgruntled Americans looking to leave the US with a carefully aimed marketing campaign.

Come to Britain.
The weather is shite, we're in a horrific period of austerity that has been strangling people for years, the pound is tanking and we all voted for Brexit because of a bus but you definitely won't get shot by a white guy.

9 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Black immigrants to America are not violent at nearly the rate as the descendants of slaves. They are also way more successful. A culture spending 400 years enslaved is going to create problems.

You make that read as if they chose to be enslaved.

56 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

You make that read as if they chose to be enslaved.

That's a strange way to read the comment.

My overall argument is that the reason for America's extreme murder rate when compared to other Western countries is our unique history among those countries as a slave owning society, not our gun laws. I don't think a change in gun laws, especially considering the amount of guns in circulation, will have a very big effect on gun violence rates. The solution lies in improving black culture. Any gun laws need to be targeted at actual problems. We had an assault weapons ban for 10 years between 1994 and 2004. The government determined that it didn't save any lives, or if it did the amount was too low to measure.  So there was no point in stopping people from owning those specific guns. What has been shown to work is stop and frisk in high crime areas, and strict sentences for violent people caught carrying illegally. For some reason Democrats support the first, but oppose the second.

And this specific guy would have killed a bunch of people no matter what the laws were. He was a millionaire, intelligent, capable of clear planning, and not on any law enforcement radar. If a guy like that wants to kill people, he's most likely going to figure out a way.

1 hour ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

That's a strange way to read the comment.

My overall argument is that the reason for America's extreme murder rate when compared to other Western countries is our unique history among those countries as a slave owning society, not our gun laws. I don't think a change in gun laws, especially considering the amount of guns in circulation, will have a very big effect on gun violence rates. The solution lies in improving black culture. Any gun laws need to be targeted at actual problems. We had an assault weapons ban for 10 years between 1994 and 2004. The government determined that it didn't save any lives, or if it did the amount was too low to measure.  So there was no point in stopping people from owning those specific guns. What has been shown to work is stop and frisk in high crime areas, and strict sentences for violent people caught carrying illegally. For some reason Democrats support the first, but oppose the second.

And this specific guy would have killed a bunch of people no matter what the laws were. He was a millionaire, intelligent, capable of clear planning, and not on any law enforcement radar. If a guy like that wants to kill people, he's most likely going to figure out a way.

I would have written - "A culture that was enslaved for 400 years", semantics , perhaps. Probably is me, nobody else has commented on it!

Spoke to guy today stays about 40km from me. A real vet from Vietnam. Never been home.
Says exactly what was posted before. "When a gunman rubs in a kills dozens of kids and 2 weeks later its old news, my country can shoot themselves to f**k. We have accepted killing children and not acting. All we need know is to shoot up a dog sanctuary. Head will role"

Guest Moomintroll
Spoke to guy today stays about 40km from me. A real vet from Vietnam. Never been home.
Says exactly what was posted before. "When a gunman rubs in a kills dozens of kids and 2 weeks later its old news, my country can shoot themselves to f**k. We have accepted killing children and not acting. All we need know is to shoot up a dog sanctuary. Head will role"

Got me there, try proofreading or editing. I think I might agree with your overall sentiment but that is word salad.

Guest Moomintroll

I think someone needs to explain the tricky art of spelling and basic grammar to you before we can go any further. As I said previously, I actually think I agree with what you are saying but that original post has confused my logic circuits.

20 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Got me there, try proofreading or editing. I think I might agree with your overall sentiment but that is word salad.

37 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

An American acquaintance of mine, who never returned home after serving in Vietnam, suggested that more action would be taken had the gunman rampaged through a kennel shooting puppies, than having killed children.

YW.

I think someone needs to explain the tricky art of spelling and basic grammar to you before we can go any further. As I said previously, I actually think I agree with what you are saying but that original post has confused my logic circuits.

My sentence sticker. Is fefukly fine. Am good. Stop he a c**t!! Difficult for you?