Yet another US shooting

Military grade is a term used for loads of readily available to buy machine guns etc in most gun stores
Loads of guns been in hotel rooms here aswell without anybodys knowledge.Didnt a terrorist from an incident in london this year been staying in a hotel for few days prior??

But considering how far he was from the crowd, he was able to mow down a lot with pretty good accuracy going by the kill/casualty count. Surely that’s not possible with Walmart hunting rifles?

Not too sure about that London thing, so can’t comment.

1 minute ago, SweeperDee said:

But considering how far he was from the crowd, he was able to mow down a lot with pretty good accuracy going by the kill/casualty count. Surely that’s not possible with Walmart hunting rifles?

It was a crowded concert,loads of ammo and spray the crowd is bound to get some hits.They video ive seen it aint some walmart hunting rifle its semi automatic gunfire you are hearing

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Most semi and fully automatic rifles fold up. a couple of biggish sports holdalls would do it. Not sure what the colour has to do with it.

Most can be fairly easily taken apart. Getting one or two i can see happening, just take them apart and hide them in luggage, but how do you get 9 in without anyone questioning it? Either you have someone coming in and out regularly with luggage/packages etc which would raise suspicion or you have one or two very heavy bags, cause even with modern materials, a rifle aint light as far as i am aware.

10 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Not too sure about that London thing, so can’t comment.

it was definitely full auto weaponry, ive seen a few vids of people running off and you can clearly here it.

Fair enough. Where was he getting them from though? If the weapon used was actually military grade; where could a supposed civilian source them from?

Walmart.

Almost anywhere. Pathetically easy to buy an off the shelf ar15 (civvy m16) and buy a perfectly legal conversation kit or breach block from a different gun show to make a legal, for retail semi auto rifle into a full auto.

Saw something about being able to 3D print them a while ago.

That's assuming he went to all that trouble. Private sales of firearms are to all intents and purposes unregulated.

This is the U.S.A.  Give it 18 months and you'll be getting offered complimentary assault weapons when you book in.  

"Yes sir, there's a safe in the room, bathrobe and slippers and an AK 47.  Will you be wanting any additional rounds for that?  Have a nice stay".

9 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

it was definitely full auto weaponry, ive seen a few vids of people running off and you can clearly here it.

I read that there are devices for making a semi automatic into what is essentially an automatic which can be bought quite cheaply. Not sure of the accuracy of that (pun kinda sorta intended).

Apparently he had ten rifles in his room.  I really can't see how that could have gone unnoticed.

I can imagine a sign going up saying:

"In light of recent events, guests are restricted to only 4 high powered assault rifles per person.  Thank you for your co-operation."

3 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Apparently he had ten rifles in his room.  I really can't see how that could have gone unnoticed.

"In light of recent events, guests are restricted to only 4 high powered assault rifles per person.  Thank you for your co-operation."

And "Sorry for any Inconvenience." "Have a nice spray (of bullets)"

Edited by Jacksgranda

3 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Do not disturb sign?

6 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I thought full auto weapons were illegal in the US. But after a quick google ive read that full auto weapons made after 1986 are, but those before that aren't. Fur f**k sake, America

This is incorrect. There is a law from the 1930s that mostly banned automatic guns. The ones in circulation are highly, highly regulated. If you were one of the few who happened to legally own one before an even stricter law was passed in 1986 you could still transfer the gun legally, but it's a very complicated process. 

2 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

CNN are reporting the guns were purchased illegally, no doubt the gun nuts will argue this means people need more guns

No. The point is that there are 300 million guns in America now. No law is going to change that. Guns are going to be as easy to get as pot if you want to do something like this for a long, long time no matter what the law. And if you couldn't get a gun it's easy enough to build a bomb or use a truck. This type of attack cannot be stopped if someone is willing to spend thousands of dollars and invest weeks of planning,

Gun control would stop some domestic violence deaths. Not terrorism, not gang shootings, and not most mass shootings.

Gun control doesn't work in 99% of the world. Not in Mexico. Not in South Africa. 

34 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Walmart.

Almost anywhere. Pathetically easy to buy an off the shelf ar15 (civvy m16) and buy a perfectly legal conversation kit or breach block from a different gun show to make a legal, for retail semi auto rifle into a full auto.

Saw something about being able to 3D print them a while ago.

That's assuming he went to all that trouble. Private sales of firearms are to all intents and purposes unregulated.

Where did you hear this? As far as I know it is not legal to even own the kit which can convert a semi auto into an auto.