Ladeside 15/16 thread

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a hurting Ladeside fan, I'll give the ref his dues. He got both decisions correct. I gave him a mouthful at the end of the game, but on reflection, and after seeing replays, the Pollok penalty was a stonewaller and the Ladeside player slipped .

Pollok beat us fair and square.

Well said Travis.It was a very very tight game and not one Ladeside player complained about the Lok penalty so that says it all!

not 1 lock player appealed for the penalty does that not say a lot. Wee finlay fryes reaction for a guy standing directly in front of it says it all

As a hurting Ladeside fan, I'll give the ref his dues. He got both decisions correct. I gave him a mouthful at the end of the game, but on reflection, and after seeing replays, the Pollok penalty was a stonewaller and the Ladeside player slipped .

Whit !!!!!!!

Young Finlay was right. That was not a penalty.

It was a smashing game until that point...at the time I thought it was a stonewall penalty (we were quite far away) & was raging about Staunts being stupid again,,,but in the car going home my granddaughter persuaded me that it might not have been...I've since watched Davies film...it definitely wasn't.

It was a Pollok penalty. Nobody else would get that decision at Newlandsfield.

The 'side shout wasn't a penalty either btw...but the game should've been a draw.

No point in going over it all again.

That sort of thing has happened to many, many clubs before and no doubt will happen again.

The officials won't change their minds after watching a wee bit of film but hopefully they'll be a bit less likely to give the home team the dodgy one next time.

I've nothing against Pollok as a club but I am a very bad man and can't find it in my heart to wish them (as seems to be traditional) any luck in the next round.

So, (depending on the cup draw and the replay), McGinto...if you get anywhere near their eighteen yard box...take a dive son.

I'm afraid that was a cheap penalty. Mark Staunton is a good player but he has the habit of sitting too deep and then being impetuous. It's in his game and unfortunately it has come out at the wrong time. A sore one but it sounds like Ladeside had their opportunities to score before then.

and who are u?

We can argue for weeks about was it-was it not. But the fact is, if you read today's newspaper, we are no longer in the cup. Time to move on.

The boys did everything but put the ball in the net. Up against an inspired keeper yesterday & that was the difference

Archived