how far do you live from where you were born?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kinda relevant to this thread, but are Scottish people the only people who measure distance in time? If I asked for directions to somewhere and someone said "about half a mile away', I'd have no idea, but if they said "about a ten minute walk" I'd be fine... :lol:

Kinda relevant to this thread, but are Scottish people the only people who measure distance in time?

Nope. My Scandinavian ex wife got annoyed when she'd ask, "How far is it from x to y?" and I'd give her the distance in miles. She'd want to know how long the journey would take.

I was also seeing a Filipina for a while. She hadn't a clue about the the physical distance from Manila to Cebu but knew the journey-length.

Nope. My Scandinavian ex wife got annoyed when she'd ask, "How far is it from x to y?" and I'd give her the distance in miles. She'd want to know how long the journey would take.

I was also seeing a Filipina for a while. She hadn't a clue about the the physical distance from Manila to Cebu but knew the journey-length.

Have you had a burd you've not bought of the internet?

Kinda relevant to this thread, but are Scottish people the only people who measure distance in time? If I asked for directions to somewhere and someone said "about half a mile away', I'd have no idea, but if they said "about a ten minute walk" I'd be fine... :lol:

This sort of falls down when I tell folk that I live just 1,076 minutes walk from where I was born.

Born in Ayrshire Central in Irvine, lived in Kilmarnock all my days. Ten miles exactly according to google maps. That part of the hospital is away now, although there's a fair bit of it still there that's used for other things.

Archived