Rangers v St Mirren

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re McMullen, I know he's different to Gowser, but we've not had a player that comfortable in possession since Gowser went. He'll get much better as the season goes on and provide us with a fantastic out ball. Even if he's not beating two men every time, he'll make the ball stick up front.

When the rest of our team figures out how to give him the right support - and when he actually has a mobile striker pulling defenders around in front of him - we'll look like a decent attacking outfit.

I think Sevco could ship a few goals this season. Looked suspect at the back.

Maybe just lack of communication, but centrehalves were nowhere for the goal. Hopefully just teething problems, but it was obvious at times that they were a bit suspect.

I'm not a fan of playing out all the time from the back. Teams will notice and just press the keeper, we could lose a few goals, but I think we've got enough to score more in games than what we concede.

Rangers obviously by far the better team yesterday and well worthy of their win.

But.... the defence need to improve and I'd be very surprised if Foderingham was still first choice keeper when Bell returns. His goalkeeping is actually okay but he's clearly not comfortable with Warburtons preference of building from the back. His distribution was woeful and you can tell he just wants to launch the ball up the field.

Unacceptable to be 2-0 up and be inches (or yards!) from the opposition making it 2-2. I still thought Rangers had more goals in them at that point though and would have went on to win the game anyway.

The first game of the season is always nervy. Now that's out of the way we've got the ball rolling. What a great atmosphere at Ibrox as well, by the way. Hasn't been noise levels like that in a long time.

The pressure is all on Hibs to get a result today now! :)

Maybe just lack of communication, but centrehalves were nowhere for the goal. Hopefully just teething problems, but it was obvious at times that they were a bit suspect.

I'm not a fan of playing out all the time from the back. Teams will notice and just press the keeper, we could lose a few goals, but I think we've got enough to score more in games than what we concede.

I wouldn't blame the defence given the boy runs a good 40 yards, the midfield track the run and he doesn't get the pass

Felt they were starting to push for it at that stage, rather than camped in their half clearing the ball in all directions.

I still wouldn't say they deserved something given by that penalty we'd had about 22 shots and about 8 on target

St mirren gave it a go in the 2nd half, thats not in doubt, but i think they didnt do enough in our half to warrant a point

Rangers obviously by far the better team yesterday and well worthy of their win.

But.... the defence need to improve and I'd be very surprised if Foderingham was still first choice keeper when Bell returns. His goalkeeping is actually okay but he's clearly not comfortable with Warburtons preference of building from the back. His distribution was woeful and you can tell he just wants to launch the ball up the field.

Unacceptable to be 2-0 up and be inches (or yards!) from the opposition making it 2-2. I still thought Rangers had more goals in them at that point though and would have went on to win the game anyway.

The first game of the season is always nervy. Now that's out of the way we've got the ball rolling. What a great atmosphere at Ibrox as well, by the way. Hasn't been noise levels like that in a long time.

The pressure is all on Hibs to get a result today now! :)

The pressure is all on hibs to get a result today?

It's the 1st game of the season ya muppet, settle down.

Archived