British Holidaymakers are Wankers

This story has garnered a bit of publicity in the Tayside area. The son of Dundee's fuckwit former Provost made a spectacular claim that an abduction ring were planning to abduct a load of kids from a Hotel in Cyprus, though he didn't actually personally witness anything. This grew arms and legs and there have been claims that the ring were working undercover as staff, that they've been seen videoing kids for several days, that a van sped off from outside the hotel (which was clearly part of the ring).

The Daily Fail's version was based around a claim by an ex-squaddie who says he witnessed a guy taking photos, chased him, apprehended him, frogmarched him to reception where he saw "An accomplice" after which him and his mates chased a couple of vehicles, and "think they were traffickers".

The local cops investigated, found absolutely f**k all evidence of wrong doing and released a 19 year old man without charge. Needless to say, a legion of angry brits are now demanding UK Cops investigate this instead, led (predictably) by a couple of Tory MSPs.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3129270/Romanian-child-snatchers-caught-trying-kidnap-British-children-Cyprus-hotel-luring-cars-disguised-waiters.html

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/call-for-uk-police-to-investigate-cyprus-abduction-attempt-claims-1.885602

Has the fuckwittery of Facebook panic posts finally made the transition into real life?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even without such antics, the Brits are still the biggest wankers of all the holidaymakers. Can't take a drink without becoming paraletic morons and always have to let themselves be known to everyone with a half-mile radius.

I often wonder if citizens of other counties act like complete muppets on social media, sharing nonsense like the above.

I've long come to the conclusion that people love to be outraged by stuff, whether it's dog thieves or Johnny Foreigner touching up their children. Perhaps if you spent less time sharing this rubbish and a little more time interacting with your child, informing them of all dangers, then they are perhaps less likely to find themselves in a difficult position.

In addition, is it not something like 90% of sexual assaults to children are committed by someone who knows them?

British children are fucking ugly anyway, they'd be better stealing the Eastern European children and the Spanish.

Bookmarked for the inevitable 'look at ma braw bairn' photo that you will post when yours is born.

I've got a bit of Spanish in me so he needn't worry, he'll be a wee heartbreaker

Even without such antics, the Brits are still the biggest wankers of all the holidaymakers. Can't take a drink without becoming paraletic morons and always have to let themselves be known to everyone with a half-mile radius.

You haven't seen the Russians mate

Wow! Awkward. This reads to me like an admission that you find Eastern European and Spanish children attractive.

BEAST.

Well you know what they say, takes one to know one.

Delivery driver from Glasgow James Hagan, 54, dismissed the reports and claimed some of the people involved acknowledged having gone “overboard and over-reacting”, and apologised to the hotel staff.

“There were lots of crazy stories about things that never happened,” he told the Cyprus Mail.

“There was definitely no kidnap attempt. Some of those involved told me later ‘we went overboard’. Some apologised to staff later, saying they over-reacted.”

Another tourist, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that while he wasn’t part of the wedding party that was taking place at the hotel at the time, he witnessed what happened firsthand.

“At some point we heard a large commotion and screams. Somebody attacked a young man yelling ‘Paedophile! Paedophile!’ and then suddenly a group of around 50 people were chasing him,” he said.

“We joined them and chased two people to the front desk, a man and a woman. Police came and took the young man in custody – a 19-year-old Bulgarian — but let the woman go because it turned out that she had nothing to do with the incident; she just happened to be there.”

“That’s what really happened, nothing more,” said the holidaymaker, adding that he was appalled after reading wildly exaggerated news reports on the story.

http://cyprus-mail.com/2015/06/19/child-abduction-reports-blown-out-of-proportion-and-wrong/

^^ This

Plus , they inevitably always want to find a place which sells British grub ( none of that foreign pish) which they can eat, whilst dressed up for evening in their favourite football club top

c***s

I particularly enjoy the the absolute insistence of speaking English. Everywhere. And the derision in their faces when someone doesn't understand what they're saying. Cringe.

To be honest, I don't fancy trying to learn Greek for a two week holiday. Bit tricky.

I've been to Cyprus quite a few times and never really had any problems with British tourists. We've always gone in a group of friends, hired our own villa and chosen nice places to go to and to eat out so haven't encountered many dickheads. We're going to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus this year, which is a bit less touristy and less built up. Should be fantastic - I'm going to try and see all the Crusader castles on the island.

To be honest, I don't fancy trying to learn Greek for a two week holiday. Bit tricky.

I've been to Cyprus quite a few times and never really had any problems with British tourists. We've always gone in a group of friends, hired our own villa and chosen nice places to go to and to eat out so haven't encountered many dickheads. We're going to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus this year, which is a bit less touristy and less built up. Should be fantastic - I'm going to try and see all the Crusader castles on the island.

Probably be a bit of a waste of time if you're going to the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, tbh.

Archived