British Holidaymakers are Wankers

Don't really see the problem with people eating food from here when they're abroad? I do and don't. Sometimes I try new stuff but sometimes I just want stuff from here.

Who really cares? Majority of people go abroad to get the sun/beach/see things etc. Not to try the local food.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really see the problem with people eating food from here when they're abroad? I do and don't. Sometimes I try new stuff but sometimes I just want stuff from here.

Who really cares? Majority of people go abroad to get the sun/beach/see things etc. Not to try the local food.

One of the best things about going abroad is going out for food. I love trying local specialities - in Cyprus I ate that sort of food every night, lamb kleftiko, halloumi, home-made mousakka, octopus, huge meze for all the people you are with. Absolutely brilliant.

When we were in Croatia last year I spent two weeks eating huge meat platters, seafood platters. I loved it but a few of our party found it a bit samey. One of us is vegetarian and spent the entire holiday eating spaghetti with tomato sauce :lol:

I'm looking forward to eating plenty of kebabs and fresh fish in TRNC, as well as hoovering a load of Efes.

I love trying food when I'm on holiday. I don't get the culture of has to be like home except warmer.

Football tops follow the golden rule of if I ain't playing or exercising I ain't wearing it.

See my point No.3 ^^^

You on holiday

Celtic-Fans-in-Seville.jpg

I'm looking forward to eating plenty of kebabs and fresh fish in TRNC, as well as hoovering a load of Efes.

Try a tasti kebap. Turkish meatballs and flat bread are amazing.

"Please"
"Thank you"
"Where is the..."
"Can I have..."
"Do you speak English"

You can learn those five phrases, for any language in the world, in five minutes and will make any trip you go on much easier. I could rattle most of those phrases in Polish, German, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Estonian, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Swahili and Arabic. I can't fathom going to a foreign country and not bothering to learn even a simple hello or thank you.

Having said that I get at least four/five people coming into work trying to get medical treatment who live/work in this country and can't speak a word of English so it's not just the Brits that are pig ignorant c***s.

As long as it's not an old firm top I don't really mind football tops. Always take the Alloa top to promote the cause.

Love spotting how many Glasgow families you can spot at the airport decked out in the full kit with brand new white trainers.

Also, the original story on this thread is an example of how this country is absolutely obsessed with paedophilia. We can't seem to find a middle ground - we've gone years when everyone ignored rampant noncery to now trying to kill innocent people taking photographs of adults for being a paedo.

It's weird.

Also, the original story on this thread is an example of how this country is absolutely obsessed with paedophilia. We can't seem to find a middle ground - we've gone years when everyone ignored rampant noncery to now trying to kill innocent people taking photographs of adults for being a paedo.

It's weird.

Brought us this tho':

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcU7FaEEzNU

Worth it

"Please"

"Thank you"

"Where is the..."

"Can I have..."

"Do you speak English"

You can learn those five phrases, for any language in the world, in five minutes and will make any trip you go on much easier. I could rattle most of those phrases in Polish, German, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Estonian, Romanian, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Swahili and Arabic. I can't fathom going to a foreign country and not bothering to learn even a simple hello or thank you.

I've yet to find a hotel where the staff wouldn't play a part in helping you learn.

We got the basics in Tagalog(Filipino)in the UAE because that was where most of the restaraunt staff were from.

"Please"

"Thank you"

"Where is the..."

"Can I have..."

"Do you speak English"

Having said that I get at least four/five people coming into work trying to get medical treatment who live/work in this country and can't speak a word of English so it's not just the Brits that are pig ignorant c***s.

You'd be fucked in Dundee.

Living abroad I have noticed a difference, it's almost a genetic imperialism from English, Russian and American tourists, they seem to carry on like they are on their own property and act accordingly with an arrogant disregard for locals.

I used to often wear some of Ayr's merchandise wandering about various citys I was working in almost to invite any other tourists to talk to me if they spotted an obscure Scottish team badge and figured I was also a tourist/not a local, but once I started to socialize with locals I stayed away from ex-pat communities and tourists as the only time you saw them was when they were making a dick of themselves.

Living in Prague I met some absolute dregs of human life over for the consumption of Absinthe and hookers, not interested or aware of the magnitude of culture available but I am sure this would be ten times worse in Amsterdam or a million times worse in Benidorm or Magaluf

See my point No.3 ^^^

You on holiday

Celtic-Fans-in-Seville.jpg

I read it. I do sometimes try the local stuff. But when you're on holiday and you're eating out every night, something I never ever do here, then sometimes all you do want is a good steak pie and chips. Sometimes people are just fussy as anything and like to stick to what they know. My last girlfriend was a nightmare over going for food even here never mind abroad. I'm not arrogant when I'm on holiday and I never moan about the way places are either and respect the locals aswell. Pish head aye, but a reasonably well behaved pish head. Not eating the local foods hardly that much of a big deal though, not sure why it annoys folk so much.

I don't know what the worst thing is, the complaints or the fact they are all 100% believable

http://www.unilad.co.uk/articles/genuine-customer-complaints-to-thomas-cook-are-incredible/

Grimbo!!!!

9. “Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers.”

1.Chinese - down right rude people, very demanding, greedy fuckers (serving a buffet) they will take the large plates to their table. It's has come to the extent that lots of hotels around Thailand are refusing these people.

2.Russian - not to many now as their economy is fucked. They are loud and they don't give a f**k.

3. British - arrogant pish heads, that travel to the other side of the world to eat steak pie & chips (can't eat this foreign food) and then grumble that it's not as good as back home. You're in Thailand ffs one of the best cuisines in the world.

4. French - Tell them they can't do that, it will be worse the following day/night.

I work in the tourist trade here. With the average age being around 17 to 22.

In general most people are good/nice/well behaved as individuals, it's when you get to many from 1 nation it can get a little out of hand.

17 - 22 is not an "average".

Carry on.

To be honest, I don't fancy trying to learn Greek for a two week holiday. Bit tricky.

I've got one of those listen and repeat audiobooks for useful Greek phrases as we go to Greece every year for our holidays. Great way to have a go, dead easy to learn how to order food, catch a taxi etc.

If you try even a few phrases, it helps no end even if you only learn how to order a beer.

Archived