British Holidaymakers are Wankers

On our flight to Palma last month there was a stag party, predominantly Geordies, who got on our plane. It was a 7 am flight, but they were all pretty well on their way from the bar in departures. My initial thought was that it was going to be a horrible 3 hours, but to be fair to them, as they were getting on one of them clocked that the flight had a load of kids on it and he turned to the rest and shouted down the plane "RIGHT LADS, YOU ALL NEED TO FUCKIN BEHAVE, THERE'S FUCKIN KIDS ON THE PLANE".

Didn't hear a peep out them the whole flight.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flew to Palma last month, it was a 7 a.m. flight and they weren't serving alcohol due to 'problems on previous flights'. There were a dozen Polis in the departure lounge as well, presumably something to do with the massive stag party and hen party leaving on the same flight. The flight was a pain in the arse for the most part but a lot of the stag were hipsters and as such not a pain (if you didn't look at their stupid beards, rolled up jeans and shite sockless espadrilles) because being loud is not hipster, so they STFU the whole flight.

The great thing about Majorca is that if you go South there are fewer Brits and more Germans. I'm not suggesting Germans are more genteel (far from it) but at least there's very little danger of a German hearing my accent and approaching me with: "Awrite mate, who d'ye support?", or in fact approaching me at all. I like reading on holiday, not babysitting OF fucktards as they get sunburnt.

I was amused when a Schalke 04 supporter fell off a table while wearing a pair of flashing Mickey Mouse ears and loudly chanting about the superiority of the gene pool in the Ruhr Valley.. I believe that's called 'karma in action'.

I was wearing a pair of vintage cream Adidas Tobacco for the flight, by the way. Have that, you hipster shitgibbons. 8)

Here's the thing about places like Malia. They cater for that type of holiday, the egg and chips brigade, and if that's your thing then all good and well. You do them when you are a bit younger, I've done club 18-30s loads of times and they are great, but for folk to go to the same places and complain, well it's a bit rich.

If you don't want to put up with rowdy pissed Brits, do a bit of research and head to somewhere like Elounda, 30m in the coach from Malia. There wasn't a burger in sight, no drunk folk treating it like the last days of Rome and it was about as Greek as you can get.

Bliss.

Couldn't agree with that more. I've been on a few lads holidays with a fry-up in the morning/afternoon when you surface, and I've travelled around most of Europe where I've tried to blend in. Both fun in their own ways.

Don't want to battle with fat Mick from Sunderland and his b*****d children for a week? Don't pay £200 for a week in Lanzarote then.

I've stopped going to turkey because every flight has been full of arseholes like this, last flight was a Turkish airline and it was absolutely full of schemegoblins. Why can't people just wait till they are at their hotel before making an arse of themselves?

On my last trip to Turkey someone had there Duty free swiped on the plane as we landed in Glasgow. Held up for 2 hours as the police searched people's bags.

Think it was a load of vodka and perfume from what people said in arrivals. That was when I decided not to return to Turkey.

People moaning about going on holidays and seeing people in football tops/ going to British bars/ people with regional accents might want to consider having a little more imagination than going to benidorm or marmaris in the first place.

This. What do you expect when you show up on a package to places like those - high culture?

Bit like going to Blackpool and getting pissed off at the amount of rock the sweetie shops sell.

On my last trip to Turkey someone had there Duty free swiped on the plane as we landed in Glasgow. Held up for 2 hours as the police searched people's bags.

Think it was a load of vodka and perfume from what people said in arrivals. That was when I decided not to return to Turkey.

It was Glasgow you shouldn't have returned to.

Deserves everything he gets, but I would hope that Thomas Cook are asking questions of their ground staff who allowed him on the plane absolutely smashed and put their cabin crew and other passengers in danger.

Getting the train back to Ayr from central used to be a nightmare if it was the Butlins special, no disrespect to the people who chose to go to these places but the majority I saw that got the train were always steaming and loud.

This has been replaced by squads of folk getting pished on the way to the evening flight out of Prestwick with Ryanair, the last thing you want on the way home from work is a bunch of drunk and excited dicks in the same train. These folk are pished before Prestwick so how can they spend another two hours drinking in departures and then get waved on to the flight by ground crew ?

Luckily we never had YouTube or smartphones in the 70's. Instead of cats and Russian car crashes we would have had hundreds of videos of planes full of people singing "y viva espana".

I see travel insurance companies now refuse claims if your injured due to jumping off a hotel balcony into a pool.

I can't help but think some example of Darwinism has done exactly this at some point and successfully claimed after snapping both legs.

I see travel insurance companies now refuse claims if your injured due to jumping off a hotel balcony into a pool.

I can't help but think some example of Darwinism has done exactly this at some point and successfully claimed after snapping both legs.

They're also putting a lot more focus on the blood alcohol limit if you need medical treatment, where it's routinely noted in records. I've seen several cases already this summer where travellers have been hit with big medical bills abroad, which the insurance company refused to underwrite 'due to levels of alcohol in the blood'.

I appreciate that people sometimes just fancy something familiar, but how long does anyone go on holiday for that they can't wait another week to indulge in a steak pie and chips craving?

I'm guessing that most of us go on holiday for a week or a fortnight at a time. Unless you're young and doing a bit of travelling, or going to the other side of the world, that's the usual balance between getting a break and not using up too many days from your holiday allocation in one go / coming back to a ridiculous pile of work.

I like a steak pie as much as anyone else; if I'm in a decent country pub and they advertise that they serve a particularly good home-made effort, I'll be all over that like a rash. But if I'm on holiday somewhere else and enjoying the different weather, scenery, food and drinks, the last thing on my mind is "I wish I could be eating the same old things I regularly have back home".

Surely the whole point of going away is to get to do different stuff!

Some people are very fussy, and the typical food on offer in this country is very basic and bland, so European cuisine will be like a punch in the pus to these people.

Archived