British Holidaymakers are Wankers

Aye happened to three of my mates on my stag-doo. Las Ramblas really is a mass gathering of scum at night. Apparently the done thing is to steal your wallet and phone then dial the premium rate number that's been set up by the same scum that robbed you.

I thought they phoned a premium rate number to inform someone how their driving was. Apparently they get the number off bumper stickers.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read it. I do sometimes try the local stuff. But when you're on holiday and you're eating out every night, something I never ever do here, then sometimes all you do want is a good steak pie and chips. Sometimes people are just fussy as anything and like to stick to what they know. My last girlfriend was a nightmare over going for food even here never mind abroad. I'm not arrogant when I'm on holiday and I never moan about the way places are either and respect the locals aswell. Pish head aye, but a reasonably well behaved pish head. Not eating the local foods hardly that much of a big deal though, not sure why it annoys folk so much.

:lol:

Fucking hell, steak pie and chips?! Are you eating from the kids menu?

You're a complete simpleton.

Fucking hell, steak pie and chips?! Are you eating from the kids menu?

You're a complete simpleton.

eat steak pie & chips

I was using it as an example because SlipperyP said it first.

But aye, Steak Pie and Chips a kids only meal???

Wtf. :lol:

I actively avoid going to any holiday destination that Brits go to, usualy go to mainly Italian , French and German areas.

Same, although I've found on recent trips to Italy its a smilar attitude to here with foreign, if you don't speak Italian. Good luck trying to get any help

1888LiKKKtie definitely chants on the bus to the resort, leaves a Saltire/Irn Bru towel on a lounger at 5am and clicks his fingers or shouts garçon at the waiter to get their attention so he can order his steak pie at the tapas bar as loudly as possible.

1888LiKKKtie definitely chants on the bus to the resort, leaves a Saltire/Irn Bru towel on a lounger at 5am and clicks his fingers or shouts garçon at the waiter to get their attention so he can order his steak pie at the tapas bar as loudly as possible.

Spot on

In all seriousness I'm an absolute role model when I'm abroad and a credit to all British citizens. You should all be thanking me.

Same, although I've found on recent trips to Italy its a smilar attitude to here with foreign, if you don't speak Italian. Good luck trying to get any help

What offends them is people who dont make an effort to learn the simplest greetings, you only need , Hello, Thank you, The Bill and good bye in any country to get along.

Its like an Italian comming into your work and asking you something in Italian the repeating it louder and pointing at things and expecting you to understand , and answer in Italian.

Youd be like, fuk off mate Ive nae idea what you're rabbling about!

What offends them is people who dont make an effort to learn the simplest greetings, you only need , Hello, Thank you, The Bill and good bye in any country to get along.

Its like an Italian comming into your work and asking you something in Italian the repeating it louder and pointing at things and expecting you to understand , and answer in Italian.

The very reason I lost my job as a waiter in Bella Italia.

Yep.

English has become such a dominant international language that it brings with it a horrible, almost right-wing arrogance. You can totally understand how this must get folk seething. The French are probably the worst for this seethe (this opinion being based on media stereotypes but still).

Poor frenchie b*****ds.

My best (worst) experience of pissed up, embarrassing Brits abroad was staying in the same apartments as a family of lard-ass Middlesborough fans. They would waddle across to the 'British Bulldog' or 'The Dog's Bollocks' every morning for a full English. Repeat the routine at night for fish and chips or steak pie, all wearing matching 'Boro strips. They were like a family of Dean Windass' - and that was just the mother and daughter. They were especially excited on the Sunday as one of the boozers done a full Sunday roast. Boddington's on draught as well.

Honestly, why bother?

I found this to be the case when in Venice. Fortunately I was travelling with Canadian, fluent in French. Once we were seen to try a language other than English the attitude was completely different. I felt embarrassed not to be able to even help out.

^^^Got lifted in Magaluf for staggering about, flashing his willy, whilst covered in his own puke type-post IMO

Never ever been lifted

I have been in Maga and Malia with mates before, incredibly pished but polite, friendly and respectful as I always try to be. Also in Tenerife with my girlfriend, where I never wore a football top once and where I tried a few different dishes during my stay including a freshly caught local seafood platter from the Atlantic Ocean washed down with a pint of Estrella.

I'm a fucking top tourist Milesy. ;)

I have had this. Group of 29 Italian tourists came in to our chip shop/restaurant a few years ago. I went out to help my wife take their orders and only 1 of them spoke English. One ordered chicken, I understood it as it was close to poulet the french for chicken, so I had to mime "breast or leg". Not so easy!

They demanded their food be served so they could eat and be gone in 25 minutes. Not an easy feat when there is only 2 off you but we managed.

The Italians are disgusting eaters. Mouths open in high pitch conversation the whole way through. Fish flying out their foul open mouths and the floor left you thinking there had just been a primary school field trip in!

Not a thanks was given as they trudged past my wife who had served them and had begun cleaning the mess they had left as they paid me. Not a thanks was given to myself for cooking that amount of fish in such a short time except by the tour guide, from him I got "lovely real fish and chips now come on" in very broken English as he waved me on. Then off they went.

Rude, disgusting, disrespectful fucks.

Much like bits abroad!

"HAAW! PEDRO! TWA FISH SUPPERS AND A PINT O' THON BEER YUV GOT!!"

:lol::lol:

I prefer holidays were I don't have to see anyone from this country or everything that defines this island and the mouth breathers that inhabit it. Best holiday I have had was to constant in the dordogne region in France. Constant was a small village close to bergerac. Once we landed, if you have been there its just a field with a strip, we got our hire car and set off. Just down the road we got to a roundabout and seen a McDonald's. "Can we stop there for tea?" Said the ex. -_--_- no! No we fucking can't you halfwit!!

BUT

As I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for lichtie due to you bigger boys taking the piss! I have been on a few all inclusive holidays to the canary islands and majorca etc...

Let's be honest if you just want out the country, particularly last minute, for some sun, sea and sitting on your arse drinking beer they are a cheap easy option! Always still go on my walks and try to engage with the locals who aren't the "looky looky men" or prostitutes!

The food on these holidays is rarely eaten. What is it with the previous nights chips always being reheated and a breakfast option the next day?? We normally have breakfast and lunch from the all inclusive but find a restaurant for tea.

Archived