British Holidaymakers are Wankers

My best (worst) experience of pissed up, embarrassing Brits abroad was staying in the same apartments as a family of lard-ass Middlesborough fans. They would waddle across to the 'British Bulldog' or 'The Dog's Bollocks' every morning for a full English. Repeat the routine at night for fish and chips or steak pie, all wearing matching 'Boro strips. They were like a family of Dean Windass' - and that was just the mother and daughter. They were especially excited on the Sunday as one of the boozers done a full Sunday roast. Boddington's on draught as well.

Honestly, why bother?

We had a family from Stoke in our hotel who done this. Every member had a Stoke top on every day with their nickname on the back. I'm assuming that's what "wazza" was because I've never heard of a player called that :lol:

Never seen them leave the hotel grounds either and they spent one teatime in the restaurant complaining the Spanish should learn to cook the British way.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've literally never encountered anyone like this on any of our holidays and we've been to relatively touristy places like Cyprus.

Where are you people going?

Going by the types of people mentioned...

Benidorm

Tenerife

Lanzarotte

Ibiza

Majorca

I could be wrong but that's the sort of places I expect to be infested with these types

Maybe ayia napa as well.

Oh and Cyprus, up the trodos mountains, the fire water they make. Lovely stuff.

Benidorm

Tenerife

Lanzarotte

Ibiza

Majorca

I could be wrong but that's the sort of places I expect to be infested with these types

Maybe ayia napa as well.

We went to Majorca last month and the only time we saw anything like that was at the airports.

But we're a better class of person and can afford to go to places that scheme goblins can only dream of.

Benidorm

Tenerife

Lanzarotte

Ibiza

Majorca

Maybe ayia napa as well.

We went to Majorca last month and the only time we saw anything like that was at the airports.

But we're a better class of person and can afford to go to places that scheme goblins can only dream of.

I think this type of behaviour is fairly easy to avoid on Mallorca, which can be - relative to the other places mentioned - quite a classy destination. Benidorm, however, is just a complete armpit.

Russians are worse than Brits abroad imo. Spent last year at a hotel almost exclusively with them and they are the most rude, loud, unpleasant people I've ever met. They complain about everything, they barge into people and they don't stop shouting. Putin is the perfect leader for them.

The British folk who go abroad to eat Steak and chips and listen to Queen tribute acts whilst wearing England tops in pubs called things like "Churchill's" are comfortably second...In fact why are we saying British? We're quite sound for the most part, as are the welsh and both Irish and always very decent. It's the English that are the problem!

On the positive side I look Swedish, and nobody hates them. I get quite proud when people actually start talking to me in Swedish, even though I've no idea what they are saying :lol: This happens quite a few times to me every year.

Yup the Russians are unpleasant wankers. Clearly a queue of people waiting for food yet they somehow feel entitled to just walk straight infront of everyone and shout and point towards their chosen dish. In fairness it was mainly the females so maybe its just women that are unpleasant wankers

On the positive side I look Swedish, and nobody hates them. I get quite proud when people actually start talking to me in Swedish, even though I've no idea what they are saying :lol: This happens quite a few times to me every year.

egentligen , berätta mer.

On the subject of Italians: I've found them as helpful as they can be the couple of times I've been over, but then I attempted to say the likes of 'two return tickets to Venice please'. If you take the younger generation away, I found that Italians had a poorer grasp of English than many other European nations.

As with Italians over here: I formerly worked with tourists and 'Italian Week' (first week of August when their country shuts down for holiday) was a tough one. Swathes of shouting and pointing zombies in ponchos who had evidently left their brains at home. Younger folk were always sound though.

Biggest meltdown moment (a genuine heads gone) came from a French guy though. I had the knowledge of technical words in German and Dutch, the other guy had previously worked in Italy and Israel. Between us we had a poor grasp on French. We had a ticking time bomb of group which consisted of a cute Israeli girl (which the other guy was trying to impress), a German couple and a Dutch one. After failing to answer the French guy's translation question, he just erupted with "You seem to know it in every other European language, you even know it in fucking Hebrew, but you don't know it in French, spoken worldwide??!!!!!".

My personal opinion is that many French have a real chip on their shoulder that English has massively beaten French in the battle of worldwide domination. Actually puts me off going to France where I've previously had the feeling that folk purposely underplay their English ability 'out of principle'. Sierra Leone too. Even in Nova Scotia last year, I saw folk from Quebec wander into shops, speaking only French and expecting the assistants to use their school learnings. I have to admit that I still find that whole French language in Canada a bit weird though.

All that said, the worst (but most comical) moment I've seen came from a Brit talking to an older wifie in a Polish cafe. Despite the wifie speaking zero English, the English bird just kept shouting "chips, chips, CHIIIIPS" and eventually had to use the international sign language standard for chips. This consists of pretending to ram things into your mouth with alternating hand shovels whilst shouting "nom nom nom nom!". Horrifying, but priceless.

As long as it's not an old firm top I don't really mind football tops. Always take the Alloa top to promote the cause.

Love spotting how many Glasgow families you can spot at the airport decked out in the full kit with brand new white trainers.

Adults wearing football tops at any time, other than actually playing football are complete and utter wankers IMO.

Anybody that sees these things as suitable attire for being seen in public should be limited to craig tara or wemyss bay as holiday destinations.

Adults wearing football tops at any time, other than actually playing football are complete and utter wankers IMO.

Anybody that sees these things as suitable attire for being seen in public should be limited to craig tara or wemyss bay as holiday destinations.

With the exception of watching the snooker at the Crucible, surely?

With the exception of watching the snooker at the Crucible, surely?

Only if it's a wee team. Speaking of which I get a wee smile whenever ye see someone on telly, such as getting interviewed on the news or that, and they're wearing a Cambridge City or Port Talbot top or some other dross.

Anyway regarding English folk's attitude to non-English speakers about once a month I get folk thinking I'm Polish. Even after I've spoken. I've had people complain to my boss, infront of my face, about how disgusting is they're hiring folk that can't even speak English and been giving fucking horrid BNP style abuse from folk. Hlalf the time I've been so fucking surprised/taken aback I've just stared at the fucker and they've went on thinking I couldn't understand what they said.

Remember being in Turkey and seeing Brits abroad complain about the all inclusive Turkish food at the hotel. They wanted British food.

Utter scum.

I was in Manchester last week and witnessed loads of Chinese people in a Chinese restuarant in Chinatown eating Chinese food when they could have been eating fish and chips or roast beef somewhere.

What's your thoughts on that?

I was in Manchester last week and witnessed loads of Chinese people in a Chinese restuarant in Chinatown eating Chinese food when they could have been eating fish and chips or roast beef somewhere.

What's your thoughts on that?

They were on their break.

Yup the Russians are unpleasant wankers. Clearly a queue of people waiting for food yet they somehow feel entitled to just walk straight infront of everyone and shout and point towards their chosen dish. In fairness it was mainly the females so maybe its just women that are unpleasant wankers

A pal was in Sharm-el-Shek (or whatever it's called) and was appalled by the Russians (although all these rich, fat guys had superb chicks in skimpy gear, which made it tolerable). One feeding time at the zoo, my pal took the last piece of steak from the buffet and a Russian took it off his plate. He grabbed it back and threw it on the floor before stamping on it, gesticulating to the Russian that he was welcome to it.

Archived