Bundesliga 2023/24

Scratch that. Just booked flights to Düsseldorf for the 1st midweek matches in March, match options of schalke v Hamburg, Leverkusen v Bremen any info on what's best for match tickets hotels and easiest travel from Düsseldorf much appreciated cheers

Stay in Düsseldorf, Leverkusen is a shithole, and so is Gelsenkirchen allegedly. Leverkusen is only 15-30 minutes from Düsseldorf can get a train easily enough. I got tickets on the day for Leverkusen (against Bremen as well), but probably not the best thing to do. Try emailing the clubs and see what they say.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at 1860 v nuremburg on Saturday, Allianz arena was quality inside altho located in a fairly desolate bit of munich. Game was good, tickets were cheap and atmosphere was amazing. 51k at the game with just over half the crowd made up of away fans!!

Will def get another game in soon altho don't think I'd rush back to munich if I'm honest.

Tempted to head to a game between now and the end of the season. I think both Stuttgart and Augsburg are around 5 hours on the train from here, with Munich a little closer. Have been to Munich before mind you so would prefer one of the other two.

Anyone been to Stuttgart and/or Augsburg, and if so which would you recommend?

I've been to Stuttgart. Nice City, lovely stadium, loads to do: would recommend it. Haven't been to Augsburg yet.

H96's miserable season continued with a 3-0 defeat in a driech Leverkusen.

Fairly even for most of the 1st half, but some non-existant defending at a corner in the 44th minute gave B04 a 1-0 lead at halftime. Penalty converted by Chicarito in the 63rd plus a further goal from Chicharito in the 87th rounded of a crap day.

Bremen managing a draw after being 3-1 down, plus Stuttgart beating Hamburg means that H96 as well as Hoffenheim (play today against Bayern) are becoming a little bit detached at the bottom of the table. 5 behind Bremen and 7 behind Augsburg, Darmstadt, Frankfurt & Stuttgart.

Next up, H96 at home to Mainz.

For one of the 5/6 guys (presumably on a Stag-Do) all kilted up, a Celtic top does not go with a kilt!

I was at the Hannover v Mainz game - they were awful. Got beasted down their right hand side. Plugged the hole by putting Sané out there but Mainz were far too good. Think Hannover fans had best get ready for less friendly k.o. times of Bundesliga 2 - the two slow lumps up front aren't the answer unless Schaff plays 4_4_2 with wide midfielders, which isn't his way.

I was at the Hannover v Mainz game - they were awful. Got beasted down their right hand side. Plugged the hole by putting Sané out there but Mainz were far too good. Think Hannover fans had best get ready for less friendly k.o. times of Bundesliga 2 - the two slow lumps up front aren't the answer unless Schaff plays 4_4_2 with wide midfielders, which isn't his way.

Over the last couple of years, the std of football being played has got worse & worse. Lars Stindl leaving seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Hard to imagine that it wasn't that long ago, that they got to the 1/4 final of the Europa League, going out to Atletico Madrid & beating Seville in the qualifying round.

Saturday away to Dortmund can more or less be written off.

Thereafter it's:-

Augsburg at home,

Stuttgart away,

Wolfsburg at home,

Bremen away,

Anything less than 7/8 points and it's off to BL2, which in itself wouldn't bother me too much. Lots of stadiums which I've not been to, as well as the derby with Braunschweig, but as you mentioned the ko times are in no way fan friendly.

Edited by German Jag

Over the last couple of years, the std of football being played has got worse & worse. Lars Stindl leaving seems to have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Hard to imagine that it wasn't that long ago, that they got to the 1/4 final of the Europa League, going out to Atletico Madrid & beating Seville in the qualifying round.

Saturday away to Dortmund can more or less be written off.

Thereafter it's:-

Augsburg at home,

Stuttgart away,

Wolfsburg at home,

Bremen away,

Anything less than 7/8 points and it's off to BL2, which in itself wouldn't bother me too much. Lots of stadiums which I've not been to, as well as the derby with Braunschweig, but as you mentioned the ko times are in no way fan friendly.

I'm hoping for plenty of goals on Saturday.

What is the reason for the daft kick off times in 2. Bundesliga?

All part of the contract with SKY Germany.

3 games at 6:30pm on a Friday, as a prelude to the 8:30pm BL game.

3 games at 1:30pm on a Saturday, as a prelude to the BL games following on.

Same again on a Sunday, then 1 game on a Monday evening to "round off" the weekend!

What's happened? I caught the highlights this morning and seen the Bayern squad with the shirts but it wasn't explained. I can't find anything apart from him doing his knee last March. :unsure:

Spent two years fighting knee ligament injuries, then broke his ankle in training just as he was starting to play a couple of games again

Spent two years fighting knee ligament injuries, then broke his ankle in training just as he was starting to play a couple of games again

He's had more than that, he got a thigh injury toward the end of last season I think, which needed surgery and kept him out for a while. I'm sure there's more. Edited by Mr. Brightside