Bundesliga 2023/24

4 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

On the other note from the weekend. We had the two BT sport games on in the pub over the weekend and people who didn't watch often seemed amazed that the standard was so much better than a lot of the English rubbish we get fed.

IMO, that's Sky's biggest marketing success; making so many people believe that their product (the Premier League) is the be all and end all.

H96 kept themselves in the promotion race with their 4th home win in succession, running out 2-0 winners against Erzgebirge Aue. Aue, who came back up after a year in the 3. Liga, are currently struggling with only St. Pauli currently below them. Their performance didn't match their current placing and had a couple of chances to take the lead before Martin Harnik got the opener for H96 in the 23rd minute. Substitute Füllkrug sealed the points for H96 in the 77th minute, although Aue will be ruing some of the chances missed.
Away end sold out, 1st meeting of the clubs in the BL2. Looking forward to the return leg in Aue, which is a small (18.000) town close to the border with the Czech republic.

Elsewhere in the BL2, leaders Braunschweig & 2nd place Stuttgart could only draw, leaving things tight with 6 points splitting the top 8!

Next up for H96, away to Fortuna Düsseldorf on Friday night.

Happenings at the top of the main league have been well documented.
RB Leipzig are away to Freiburg on Friday, with Munich hosting Leverkusen in the late game on Saturday.
At the other end of the table, last placed Hamburg host 3rd last Bremen in the Nord-Derby, whilst 2nd bottom Ingolstadt host 5th bottom Wolfsburg.

Anyone bought tickets for a match off viagogo before? They decent?

In Munich this weekend and they seem like only option left to get tickets but was reading Bayern cancelled relationship with them in 2014 and aren't best pleased with them so are trying to clamp down.

I bought Ajax tickets though them - the first time the ticket seller didn't send the link to me in time (they were e-tickets you printed yourself) but viagogo refunded me the full amount. I then spent the refund on another ticket from another seller and the guy sent me them within an hour of the money coming off my card. Paid over the odds (about €40 for a €29 ticket) but I was in the 'Dam with the missus and wanted to see a game there while she did touristy things.

In Munich this weekend and they seem like only option left to get tickets but was reading Bayern cancelled relationship with them in 2014 and aren't best pleased with them so are trying to clamp down.

Try asking the concierge at the place you are staying. The boys at the hotel Eden Wolff hooked me up and only paid €20 over the odds.

On 20/11/2016 at 10:13, stumigoo said:

Leipzig have found numerous loopholes to get through the German rules regarding ownership. Despite the fact that they are technically not 'Red Bull' they are in almost every way and it has angered fans of pretty much every other club. It is always refreshing to see someone a bit different do well and as Dundee Ton points out they have a good signing policy and have at least tried to build a proper squad.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Dortmund/Bayern game last night but I thought the BT commentary team were absolutely dreadful. Nigel Spackman in particular. He knew nothing about German football and his little pieces of 'insight' were just bizarre.

It seems a bit strange that they are seething about RB Leipzig when you have teams such as Wolfsburg that came from being a club for the factory workers or even worse Bayer Leverkusen, who are owned and named after Bayer pharmaceutical company.

I can get why they don't like the model much but its not as though the Bundesliga is corporate free.

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

It seems a bit strange that they are seething about RB Leipzig when you have teams such as Wolfsburg that came from being a club for the factory workers or even worse Bayer Leverkusen, who are owned and named after Bayer pharmaceutical company.

I can get why they don't like the model much but its not as though the Bundesliga is corporate free.

I actually think much of the seeth is genuine but comes from clubs who pride themselves on the "roots of football stuff" like Union Berlin. Last year there were a few protests from the smaller clubs in the division. Union had a '15-minute silence' to "mark the death of football culture" and encouraged fans to dress all in black.

ByDH1YkCEAEMQPt.jpg:large

Edited by stumigoo

Guest bernardblack

Rip off merchants mate.

Went to see Real vs Valencia last season and tickets were 90 pounds on viagogo which some of the lads on the stag do plumped for.

The rest of us chanced it and got tickets for 30 euros the day before.....with better seats

3-1.

They're not only really good, but great to watch as well. This has been yet another really entertaining game.

Well that's all fine but are they actually picking enough experienced players?? And are they all tall enough to defend corners ffs???

Despite taking the lead twice and having numerous chances to go at least another couple of goals in front, H96 had to make do with a 2-2 draw in Düsseldorf on Friday night.
Karaman put H96 in front in the 18th minute. Continued pressure only resulted in hitting the bar & the post prior to half-time. Fortuna equalised just after the break, although a sclaffed shot from Felipe out H96 back in front. Fortuna got their 2nd equaliser 5 minutes later, soon after that Felipe got a 2nd yellow. Despite being down to 10 men H96 were the more attacking team, but unable to get a deserved winner!

Elsewhere leaders Braunschweig consolidated their position at the top with a 2-1 win at home to 1860 Munich. St. Pauli remain rooted to the bottom after losing 2-0 in Heidenheim.
Stuttgart take on Nuremberg in tonight's game.
Next up for H96 is this Friday at home to Heidenheim, 3rd v. 4th.

In the top league, RB Leipzig maintained their run of form beating Freiburg 4-1 away. Munich limped to a 2-1 against Leverkusen and Dortmund lost to Frankfurt.
Little change at the bottom with everyone except Darmstadt picking up a point.

0ab84f65b67e2b6798de2a8f2a8faf9e.jpgb195fe7cd0a6b571f9ee54fd6a392f9d.jpgfddfd807bab32599ab7ed17c9ede20ec.jpgab21d88953e48d4597c6f5e4a7ba7828.jpg

Just back from Germany this weekend. 

I'm a Hamburg fan so was over at the NordDerby on Saturday. Cracking game but HSV really could have done with 3 points, especially having led twice. Was just glad we scored because it's had been 3 matches since I had last seen them score a goal :lol:

Was at Hertha v Mainz on Sunday too with my Hertha supporting Uncle. Another good game with Hertha just about deserving of the win. Pretty poor turnout of 37k at the game considering where they are in the league. Was at their game v Mainz last season in December (which was also a late Sunday kick off) and the crowd seemed much bigger. 

Back over in April for Dortmund v HSV on the Wednesday before getting the train back up the road to Hamburg for the home game with Hoffenheim on the Saturday. Think I will unfortunately need to use Viagogo and pay through the nose to ensure I get in the away end at Dortmund. 

Edited by Mr Gandosaur